Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Alpha talking about it, thought I would make a thread.

I get this all the time, and it can be kinda scary because I fall over and black out sometimes.

Who else gets headrush?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
syncope(sp?) is basically what this is. I have syncope and it is basically where the brain doesn't get the balance of the pressures properly. U stand up, and then it tries to compensate but either is too slow on the uptake, meaning too low pressure, brain does a vaso-vagal (basically, oh ****, better pass out so it's easy to reach a typical state again) or gets it wrong.

I'm medicated for it (though i rarely got it; once a year usually i'd faint) The test is kinda weird. They strap u to a table, and then put it up 90*, so ur vertical. Then they wait.......All of a sudden my breathing kicked up and I felt a little faint. Within 30seconds i was out cold. I wake up and the nurse is like "whew, glad ur awake now, u were out for 13 seconds (as in, my heart had STOPPED))

More salt in the diet (to absorb water) and more water solves it.

·
12,110 Posts
It happens to a lot of people. Ask your friends (if you have any..) and I'm sure they will say they've experienced it more then 3 or 4 times.

I get it maybe once a week on saturday nights at like 3 am when I've been sitting on my ass for like 4 hours. Stand up and yawn, and boom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts