41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
God of Unecessary Surgery
235 Posts
:rofl

·
Registered
873 Posts
I so hope you're kidding. ;) An empty tank will always weigh less then a filled one (even with helium) since the tank doesn't expand.

The lightest you could possibly make the tank would be if you suck all the air out creating a perfect vacumn inside, assuming the seals and valves can handle the backwards pressure and that the tank doesn't collapse

Oddly enough if you could make a perfect metal sphere (to help resist collapsing) which is the same weight as a balloon and create a perfect vacumn inside it would shoot into the air quicker then a balloon filled with helium.

sNoW PIrAnHa said:
Helium would make your tank lighter. If you put it in a 4500psi tank then if you put your gun on a table it would probably just float away. So tie it down with a string or sometihng.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They stopped putting helium in blimps a long time ago. THe main reason is the flamability (hindenburg). Also, blimps are actually filled at very low pressures. I mean VERY low. If you shot a blimp,it wouldn't do anything. You'd have to put a few baketball sized holes in the bottom of it to do soem damage.
Um..you mean hydrogen. helium is not flammable. hydrogen is.
BUT-
So far, unless i missed something (feel free to correct me if im wrong) from it's ridiculously cold liquid state, helium has the fastest expansion rate from a liquid to a gas than any other element that we know of, like Co2, n2o, etc. So i would like to see if this would work. Ive got a tank and paintball gun im willing to donate to science

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ummm.... dude, You can not compress heliem to that extream on a temperature unless ur pumping straight helium into a pball or pball type compressor and pressureizing it. Natually like in those big tanks clowns buy, It's pressurized to around 200 PSI.. The reason is, there is no need for more

also, Helium is VERY expsensive compared to Presserised air and is impractible for pball uses..

Also. Putting a sinle hole in a blimp will defalte the 1 section of the blimp. and trust me, a hole in each section will cause that sucker to hit the ground FAST. b/c the regular air will pull the helium out quickly b/c it's lighter then air.

Wew... almost done w/ my rant

Don't fill your CO2 tanks with ne thing else this CO2, I don't care if the connectors look alike. don't do it. ur friends an incohearent Mother ****er.

Stick to CO2 in ur CO2 tanks, and HPA in ur HPA tanks

and... they NEVER EVER EVER fill Pball tanks w/ pure nitrogren. the cause is it's SUPEr expsensive and the only real place u can get it is hosbitals where they take the nitrogran outta the oxygen. and it's VERY pricy. trust me

So... CO2 goes into the CO2 tank. HPA goes into the HPA tank. Please don't start modifying **** and killing urself.
Not as pricey as spelling lessons

41 - 44 of 44 Posts