Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im wonder how i can mod my tippmann 98 custom with out purchusing any parts can you take the venturi bolt out to increase the fps?

·
Registered
242 Posts
you dont wanna increase the fps. 270-280 is as high as you want it. anything above that is gonna hurt a lot worse. I dont know much about tippmans but shorten the trigger pull so you can walk it.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
zylman11 said:
hello im wonder how i can mod my tippmann 98 custom with out purchusing any parts can you take the venturi bolt out to increase the fps?
Stiffer springs and a better bolt will help your FPS

JordanK said:
you dont wanna increase the fps. 270-280 is as high as you want it. anything above that is gonna hurt a lot worse. I dont know much about tippmans but shorten the trigger pull so you can walk it.
300fps is the highest you want it. You cant really walk a mechanical trigger no matter what length of a pull its at.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Doesn't have a venturi bolt- The stock Tippmann bolt is just an open bolt. If it were a venturi it wouldn't look like an empty tube; it would have some sort of bar, star, or other shape inside of it.

As for modding without buying much, have the home mods a read over. Most are free or so cheap to get done it might as well be free.
http://www.paintballforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75424

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
big_balla89 said:
LIES!

I can't find the vid now, but I will.

I promise you that.
I was speaking in general. I know its been done

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
is that teh one where the guy is shooting the tippy in full auto or rebound :dodgy:

and its kinda pointless if the link doesn't work :p

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Ok there was a video of a guy walking a mechanical tippy and yes he was actually really no crap walking a mechanical tippy. How fast was he going? Like 9 BPS, which I can do fanning. So whats the point of walking it if you cant get it faster than fanning? If you want to walk the tippy at a decent rate of speed your best bet is the e-grip, the 98ProE or an Ebolt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts