Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and my buds want to build a paintball field in the back of my house on a wooded area there, and I want help to basically make the layout, because I don't want to build a field that is boring or that is unfair for one side, so this is basically how I thougth it so far:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/scan0003n.jpg/

This is the layout of one side, the two sides are supposed to be mirrored, except for the central part, both sides are sharing that. The "squares" would be the equal to a single barrel, the "Rectangles" to two barrels. The ones marked with an "x" means that the cover will be tall enough for the player to stand up, whule the clear ones are for being crouching. The big circle could be anything big like the "Xs" in speedball fields.
I dont' know how good thes layout might be, any suggrstions are welcome.

Also, here is a picture of basically how the wooded area looks like:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/scan0004vk.jpg/

This is supposed to be viewed sideways but anyway, the two curved lines represent the street, the place full of lines is the wooded area. If you payed attention to geography class, you'll l know that the lines mean how much elevation there is, the more lines, the more elevated. As you can see, it is pretty irregular, there is even a big hole in there. The field is planned to be in the most regular part, which is the rectangle in the wooded area, the other bigger rectangles are houses (mine is the middle one). Don't worry there won't be aproblem with neightbors, all of the houses have big walls of concrete where our paintballs may give a hit.

Any suggestions will be good thumup:. I can post pictures of the actual place if you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Right now, all your cover is horizontal and will only give you cover from one direction. also it's to small. I would look at some of the field layouts they use for NPPL. get a snake in there somewhere. Two main bases would also allow for some different styles of games ie. capture the flag. The more bunkers you can stand behind the better. The best way to make a field balanced is play it and find the strong and weak points and fix them, then repeat. My local field gets rebuild every year to create better flow and shore up the weak points.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I'l do something similar to the drawing (I made it small at first because we are just four people playing, most of the time we'll be just 1 Vs. 1). I'll see how it goes and then maybe make it bigger.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
really you just have to start building, something that sounds good on paper doesnt always work out in the woods
yep. I payed at a guys house once and had a blast. we took all sorts of plywoood, some old metal roofing pieces, and whatever we could find and build a field right then and there. After a few games, we tweaked it so it played better

·
wannabe BADballer
48 Posts
it's too bad that i couldn't be there, because i still have 24 inflatable bunkers to let someone use.

actually, someone posted some videos on youtube, that showed how he made inflatable bunkers with bedsheets, and stuffed with inflated plastic garbage bags.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
If you're in the woods, use the woods for bunkers. Honestly when people start putting to many bunkers in the woods it makes it worse. I'd put up a nice starting bunker on each side. I've always used free scrap plywood I could get my hands on from the hardware store/ lumber center near by. You can use old desks, dressers, or anything that someone is throwing out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts