Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im somewhat new to speedball but i played a lot fo woodsball.
I got a Ion smart parts Dye Rotor and HPA tank but i want to get a new paintball barrel cause my Current one sucks a lil

I was searching and found the DeathStix wich is in this page
Welcome to the new look Paintball Assassin?

And i think its a pretty good deal.
Even though could u recommend me some and tell me if its worth to buy??
Thanks In advance

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
If you want a good barrel, I recommend a J&J or CP barrel
$30 and both are amazing (and I like the J&J a bit more)

Getting a kit for the Ion, or any super expensive single bore barrel would be simple a waste of money when the J&J and CP are just fine

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
J&J single or the J&J edge kit if you still want a kit, beyond that and if you still want a CF barrel kit, the deathstix dont look bad but the backs do seem short and there are not many of them in the kit. look into the DW fibur, its a CF barrel that uses the freak inserts, longer sized pieces and more of them for the same price

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, Now im i looked de DW fibur and the J&J...
The DW has pretty good reviews and the J&J aswell
The only problem is that the DW is expensive

I guess ill buy the J&J

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I'd save money on the DW Fibur for the Ion

If you ever decide to upgrade your equipment, the threading will be different, and your DW barrel will not fit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not upgrading until 1 year or 8 months...

Even though the DW seems a little poorer choice Now if im going to spend 70 dollars and when i upgrade theres a chance i cant put my barrel into my new gun. Though is there anyway i can upgrade my gun and still keep the barrel in it??

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
then you would be limiting yourself to SP markers only, not a good choice. for now id say go with the J&J or if you are desperate for a kit the freak. the freak you can buy new backs for so you can buy a cocker threaded back in the future to fit whichever marker you get (chances are high it will be cocker threaded)

another option though is to find a cocker threaded breach for your ion. then you would buy a cocker threaded barrel now that will also work on whatever you get in the future

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Though another question. iF i bought the freak insert kit. would that mean i can fit my barrel to another gun.NO matter what the barrel is

Thanks in advance

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
No
Here's how it works

You buy a Freak insert kit, the proper Freak back threading you need, and a Freak front

If you get another marker that uses different threads, all you have to do is but a new Freak back, everything else can be swapped over

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
you can use the freak on any marker you just need the correct threaded back piece, from what i remember they run about $30 for each back, so yes you can use the kit on any marker but you will need to purchase another back piece if you dont have that threading already

·
China Greenhill Paintball
5 Posts
In my opinion,carbon fiber barrels are much better in performance than the normal aluminum barrels.
They're lighter in weight and more accurate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts