Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been getting back into this sport, and having a lot of fun doing so.

Recently purchased a cocker as a back up gun, and I'm in the process of converting it to LP.

Here's what I've done so far (am in the process of doing):

-aquired an LP tank
-replaced hammer spring w/ a light spring
-replaced valve spring w/ a medium spring
-building a front block w/ DYE components

my questions:

-I read that the stock bolt and hammer are adequately efficient. Is that correct?
-Should I consider a new barrel? if so.. what length
-Should I replace the in-line reg?
-what else am I missing?

THANKS!

pics for reference:

when purchased:

rebuild stuff:

front block stuff:

tank:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you trying to accomplish by converting it to LP?

Also, I have the same mouse as you!
honestly... I got a great deal on an LP tank. and I figured it'd give me something to tinker with in my free time.

pretty stellar mouse! not so much the keyboard :(

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
nice design and thought. well if your gonna try ill see what i can do about helping you.
i would replace the barrel but thats not needed.
i would buy a high end regulator, i have used certain regs that i would recommend but im not sure how they would preform on a cocker or this cocker
i also dont "think" the bolt is efficient but that could be because i havent had a stock cocker/bolt in a few years

·
Administrator
14,041 Posts
ya rather than spending all this time and effort forcing the cocker to go to LP, just pick up a ninja HP regulator for the tank.

Ninja Tank Regulator - 4500 PSI

$38 and its adjustable

really going LP is a bad idea, think of it this way, you are taking a half ton truck and wanting to pull double its capacity so you load in all the parts and a new engine that you need to do it, and sure, when you get done it can pull what you want it to, but if you had just started with a 1 ton truck in the first place, not only will it do the same thing but it will do it more efficiently and just all around better because that is what it was designed from the ground up to do. The majority of the time when someone flips a marker over to LP, sure it is using lower pressures but in order to run those lower pressures the marker has to use such large volumes that you actually see a decrease in efficiency and cockers, especially once that have been minied (custom mod that hacks off a bit of the front end) have issues because there is not enough air ready to go on the other side of the valve. Personally I think you may run into this issue as well because of the lower pressures

my advise, ditch the LP idea, however, if you want to tinker, there are tons of things you can do to a cocker

you have the basic stuff it sounds like, LPR, HPR, ram, 3-way, barrel, ASA

if you want to take it further, half block or mid block (not sure if mid blocks are possible on that one or not) you can window the lower tube if you want (creates holes that you can see the hammer and spring though)

those are pretty extreme but doable, here is my cocker after....5ish years

http://www.paintballforum.com/paintball-chat/183940-now-moment-you-have-all-been.html

but id say just look around sites like ANSgear and paintballgateway, there are tons of cocker parts out there, see what you like

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Most 'cockers run in the 200-350psi range, so there's really no harm in using a mid-pressure tank.

I wouldn't run an SLP on much anything other than a Rudy Dean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts