did anyone try the smallest volume(silver insert)fire chamber
is there a big different
advise needed
which one is more suitable

thx

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The fire chambers are there to adjust your FPS without touching your PSI and having to reset your dwell to get it perfect.

no insert - highest fps
green insert - high fps
blue insert - moderate fps
silver insert - about indoor fps

this rule also changes after you add upgrades and such to it. A lighter bolt and QEV will likely force you to use a smaller firing chamber so you can get your desired fps

So it's really up to you and your gun (since every one is different).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply

is that mean i can use the smallest chamber for gas efficiency
increase firing rate
and will not slow down fps and distance
sorry to ask so many question
just started paintball game

·
Registered
58 Posts
The smallest insert will give you the lowest possible FPS. Even if you max out your PSI to 280 with that insert, your FPS will be at indoor field levels. I use the green and haven't had a reason to change it. Some people use the blue when they get a 360 QEV. The silver is meant for indoor arenas, so don't use it if you're outdoors and stuff.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The smallest insert will give you the lowest possible FPS. Even if you max out your PSI to 280 with that insert, your FPS will be at indoor field levels. I use the green and haven't had a reason to change it. Some people use the blue when they get a 360 QEV. The silver is meant for indoor arenas, so don't use it if you're outdoors and stuff.
Yup, you pretty much nailed it.

The way it works is, it changes te volume of air inside your marker. The thinner the insert, the greater the volume of air can be stored before shooting, thus yeilding higher FPS, and vice versa.

And yes, I guess technically you would get better efficiency from the silver insert, but it's just like making your marker shoot at a lower FPS, you will use less air, but your FPS is going to be really slow.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I put the blue noe in, set the dwell, and shot faces. That is about it.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Yup, even before the QEV, I installed the blue and had my pressure up at around 260 ish

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi

what is the best setting for speed game
firing chamber?
dwell--?ms
rof--?ms

thx

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
it's all depending on your local field, and your specific marker.

no two markers will be the same, so mess with your settings untill you hit it perfectly >.<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts