Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting! My son is looking to get into paintball and a friend at work has this gun. They don’t know anything about it, was a relatives son that left it. Any idea on value and if it’s with purchasing? Any information would be helpful!
Plant Musical instrument Wood Asphalt Road surface

Auto part Machine Bicycle part Automotive exterior Gun accessory

·
Administrator
14,948 Posts
Man, I recognize it I just can't put a name to it right now. It's an off brand stacked tube blowback.

Think of it like this, if Honda civics and Toyota corollas are main stream, this is a amc gremlin. Same basic idea but doesn't work with as many standards parts.

Value, not much at all

It's missing the bolt pin which, if it doesn't work with other brands pins is going to be a killer. Don't buy it, you won't be able to use it without the bolt pin

I might be able to help you guys out though, I have a handful of markers on their way to me that are great for the entry level player. Are you guys looking for anything specific?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody tell me what these two might be worth? Just changed orings, silicone lubed, and inspected internals. They were the originals according to the one clear one on the bolt. Picked up a 12gm co2 adapter and co2 to test em. They fire very well!! Slapped a laser on one, but it kinda just gives u a general area of contact. Looks cool and is intimidating though when people see a red dot on em!!! Lol If they only knew. Anyway, can anyone tell me what year these were made? Possible worth? Might sell one and keep one for fun( the laser one of course!). First time posting here. Thanks in advance for any input you guys might have. WILD-1

·
Administrator
14,948 Posts
Anybody tell me what these two might be worth?
Around $40 each in good working order, don't get your hopes up for that new car

Just changed orings, silicone lubed,
These need paintball oil not silicone lube. If you have any air tool oil for compressed air tools it's the same stuff. I doubt the silicone is going to be good for them long term. You may need to replace the o rings again

Slapped a laser on one, but it kinda just gives u a general area of contact.
Welcome to paintball. You are shooting a liquid filled gelatin sphere with a seam that tumbles through the air. Pin point accuracy it is not

Also, most fields will not allow you to use that laser. Something about potentially blinding other players makes them create rules against them

Looks cool and is intimidating though when people see a red dot on em!!! Lol If they only knew. Anyway, can anyone tell me what year these were made?

Around 2001-2003 would be my guess. The 90s stuff has a different athletic and spyder changed a few things around in 2004 to make the markers more compact

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much!! The laser is just for plinking in the yard and the like. Not really look to compete with these. Pretty useless at any kind of distance anyway. Probably just end up playing with the cat with it. Also, I heard about using air tool oil after looking up how to properly lube the rings. Already had the silly oil though so I used it. Seems to be staying pretty slick for now though. Looked closer at the bottle and saw that it contains petroleum products even though it's recommended for o rings. Obviously not for this application though cause its gonna eat that buna rubber. All good though, I have enough o rings to do a few more changes on both when they die. I used 3 in 1 silicone oil by the way. Guess we will make this a real use application test and see how far it goes.
So the air tool oil has NO petroleum products in it? It's just straight silicone oil or is it something entirely different??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.