Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be getting a car in the near future and will have no more than $6,000 to spend . I'd be open to any suggestions.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
what kind in general, import or american, higher power or gas conservative.

im partial to the older GM type cars, a nice chevy caprice 9c1 is a nice car with alot of power behind it is really nice, but has not so good gas mileage, maybe 15-17 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make/model makes no difference to me, but I want something with at least decent gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Heres what I would do.

Kawasaki Ninja 250cc. 50-60 miles per gallon. Roughly 2 grand.
Some old Taurus or something. Roughly 3 or 4 grand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've heard good things about the toyota camrys. My friend's sister drove one, and the way she drives would have kille any other car, but this thing's still going strong. Plus, decent gas mileage

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
^^^^amen to that, spoilers dont make you go faster, and niether do stickers

my freind got a used monte carlos (2001) for about $4-5000 i think, gets about 20 m/g

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
david_4x4 said:
Fox body mustang
def. not, why would you even consider an old 5l V8 w/ 19lb injectors to be good on gas? my 5.0 has 14lb injectors, and I get at best 17mpg city. also, you get a stang and it's only a matter of time before you're considering a 351 swap :rofl

the old hondas may look like ass, but if all you need is point-a to point-b transportation and a gas sipper, that'll get you there. a bike is good if you don't have anybody or anything to haul around. just remember that if you have 2 vehicles, you'll be paying insurance, registration, etc. for 2 vehicles

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
dfdtrumpet said:
^^^^amen to that, spoilers dont make you go faster, and niether do stickers

my freind got a used monte carlos (2001) for about $4-5000 i think, gets about 20 m/g
wtf monte carlos for 4-5k? early 90s ones go for like 10k....

id say buy a 300zx if you want something fast, or a late 80s 944, those are nice cars for the money. If you want something that wont kill you with insurance, get a civic or accord, they last forever

·
Banned
275 Posts
zpyro said:
def. not, why would you even consider an old 5l V8 w/ 19lb injectors to be good on gas? my 5.0 has 14lb injectors, and I get at best 17mpg city. also, you get a stang and it's only a matter of time before you're considering a 351 swap :rofl
You get 17mpg? And you call that bad?!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
thumup: camry's are awesome overall. actually any toyota really. especially w/ the 1.8 4cyl. gt yourself bout a 94 or 95 celica. or go old school... get a twin turbo supra

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Meh bikes would probably be a no due to lack of versatilaty. And how do insurance rates vary from car/truck/old/new?

·
Registered
778 Posts
zpyro said:

the old hondas may look like ass, but if all you need is point-a to point-b transportation and a gas sipper, that'll get you there. a bike is good if you don't have anybody or anything to haul around. just remember that if you have 2 vehicles, you'll be paying insurance, registration, etc. for 2 vehicles
He did say open to all options. Plus they are plenty chepa to work with.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
NYY said:
wtf monte carlos for 4-5k? early 90s ones go for like 10k....

Yeah, he got an awesome deal, it may have been closer to like 7000 now that i think about it, but still, i dont konw how his dad pulled it off. his insurance is pretty high for it though, because its considered a "sports car"

1 - 20 of 41 Posts