Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. I have been wanting a car for a long time. And my mom wants to get me a car for Christmas. Well, technically she is going to pay the down payment on it, and then I pay for everything else lol. Now I have a good paying job and a ton of money to spend. I already have a DD, its a 96 Nissan pickup. I drive it to work everyday since the roads are rough were I work at.

But, I want a car just to take out on the weekends or just to have fun in. You know, to compensate for a small penis. :dodgy: Some of the things I have been looking at are the new challengers. But, I don't really want to spend 45k for one of them. I looked at an orange srt that was 44k and loved it.

Anyway, I have also considered a G8 gt or bullitt mustangs. Do any of you have any suggestions? My only problem right now is there are several cars I like, but can't really decide on any of them. So any help would be appreciated guys.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am weary about 45k, so Im not going to spend 70k on a vette. thumup:

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Why do you want something brand new? Most cars today are gay as ****. Go used.

Personally, with that much to spend, I'd look into an 03-04 Cobra. Yet, the fanboy inside of me would be on the hunt for a 97-99 Eclipse GSX. Hell if you're seriously talking about that much money, you could even look into a MKIV Supra. OMM NOM NOM

Seriously don't buy a new gay car. You could even get a C5/C6 Z06 pretty affordable. Oh yeah, STI, EVO, mmmmmmm...

So many badass options. Don't be a *** and buy a new car. ESPECIALLY when GM/Chrysler/Ford can't get their **** together. You don't want to end up ****ing yourself in the end.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive thought about buying used cars, but, this has to go along with the parents also. And they would prefer I get a new one. I have thought about the supra, but again, they will be co-signing for it, so they can say yes or no to something.

Plus, if you think a challenger is a *** car, you are stupid.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Ive thought about buying used cars, but, this has to go along with the parents also. And they would prefer I get a new one. I have thought about the supra, but again, they will be co-signing for it, so they can say yes or no to something.

Plus, if you think a challenger is a *** car, you are stupid.
Are you kidding me? It's a Dodge... it's going to be a complete hunk of ****.

I also think it's stupid to dump $40k on a car that you can get something with more power, better looks, etc. for half the price. What happens when Chrysler is no more? They WILL go under I can guarantee it. Atleast Ford will probably stick around, dunno about GM. Challenger isn't that cool of a car anyways. Way overrated IMO.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does the company going under have anything to do with buying a car from them now? Only thing that comes to my mind would be the warranty.

Either way, anybody else have an opinion? Dooms?

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
The Challenger is a pig. I've driven a stock one, and a 700hp Procharged one. IT IS A PIG! Honestly, if your going to get one of these cars and let it sit in a garage for 80-90% of the time, your wasting money IMHO. You'll have to carry full coverage, and the insurance will probably rape you. The '10 mustang is coming out soon and they are also too heavy for their own good. I like the G8 GT but once again, not worth it to sit in your garage.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Right now, the 370z offers a lot of bang for the buck (if you can get over the looks). The only thing that sucks is it only seats two. The G37 seats four, but it's more expensive and significantly heavier.

The new Camaro SS also offers a lot of bang for the buck, but you might have a tough time getting one (especially at a good price). I also don't like how it looks, but overall it's a nice car.

Ford is supposed to have new engines coming for the Mustang in 2012, a ~400hp 5.0L V8 based on the current 4.6L. Price should be roughly the same as the new Camaro and it would be a faster car (as the Camaro is very heavy compared to the stang). I would wait for that, rather than buy a current Bullitt (or any current stang for that matter).

The Challenger is nice, but I would go for the R/T. It's less expensive, it's almost as fast stock as the SRT (and can easily be made as fast), and it's available in stick (unlike the current G8 GT). It runs about even with the current Mustang GT in the 1/4 mile from what I've seen. The nice thing about the challenger is it has the room of a full size car, the storage space of a full size car, and it seats five; but it has the look of a two door muscle car. It makes for a nice daily driver that doesn't look like every other jelly bean car on the road.

The new Evo X is really nice, much more refined than the older models, and offers a lot of bang for the buck in the GSR model. We had one in for a tune and it's really nice, a lot less boy-racer than they used to be and is plenty quick.

As you mentioned, the G8 GT is a really nice car. Full size, plenty of power, six speed auto, RWD, it handles pretty well, and gas mileage isn't half bad either. Again, it would make for a nice daily driver.

For just a toy the Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe is really nice and looks awesome, but I wouldn't want to daily drive it.

Along the same line, base corvettes are plenty fast and you can find really good deals on them now. It's a better daily driver than the Solstice, but not as good as the others, especially the Challenger/G8/Evo.

I think those are pretty much the only things I would consider buying new. The new STi is meh, the Cobalt SS is fast but FWD and the interior is meh, and no body else really makes anything different and fun at a reasonable price tag. The only other cars I can think of are the BMW 135i/335i, which are nice, but too expensive, especially since it's tough to get a stripped out model.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the G8 GT but once again, not worth it to sit in your garage.
I should really change what I said. It will probably be my primary vehicle, but I HAVE to drive my truck to work. Since the roads are horrible, very muddy and icy now, etc..

But I will drive it everywhere else I go. Any trips I make except going to work. So I will drive it plenty. thumup:

And dooms, Nice info. The reason I liked the G8 and Challenger is they have decent amount of room in them for passengers.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
The 6.1L Hemi has tons of torque but it's just a heavy heavy car. Are you looking for anything to take to the track, or race people with or do you just want a cruiser? I'd say ask your parents if you are limited to new, or if you could go late model. Around here, there's C5 Z06's going for 20k and upwards.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take it to the track, is possible. There are some tracks around here. And I will not do any street races. I have had to cut too many people out of cars for doing it.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
cobalt ss or civic si or a 04 srt-4
=D
Cobalt SS is a waste of money IMHO. The interior isint even that great in them and they are slow.

I did drive an 08 civic SI the other day it it was a pretty damn nice car. I really liked the interior in it, didn't get to drive it much to see how the get up was on it but seemed nice.

If I was going to go drop that kinda money I would probably be looking at a Trailblazer SS. Things are freakin nice. Hell even the new Impala SS is a pretty damn nice car.

Out of the ones you listed I would probably get the G8. Damn nice cars and have a nice interior layout.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
A buddy of mine just got a new Honda Civic Si (traded in his old Si for it). It's a nice car; it handles well, drives nice, has an interior that looks like NASA designed it, and being a Honda it will probably run just fine until it rusts away. However, it's not very fast stock and FWD isn't really that great. In general, it sucks for racing and it just isn't as much fun as RWD. It's a nice car, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a toy, even from Honda. For that I'd either want an S2000 for RWD or an old Bubble if FWD.

The other problem with them is they are one of the most stolen cars out there. It seems like everyone has one gets their car broken into or stolen at some point. No idea why they are so popular to steal, but you definitely have to be careful.

As far as the Trailblazer SS goes, as someone that owns a V8 Envoy (which is basically a trailblazer SS with a bit less power stock) I have to say I've been very happy with mine. It's quick, it handles well for such a large and full framed vehicle, it loves hanging the rear out, it's comfortable on long drives (I drive between NJ and Central PA every two weeks or so, over 500miles round trip, no problem), and it has a ton of space on the inside (more so than my buddies Jeep GC). The only thing that sucks about them is the interior has a lot of hard plastic (they never updated it when they updated the larger trucks) and the SS model is only available in full time AWD or RWD (which is why I crossed it off my list, as if I'm owning a truck/suv I want RWD and 4x4). The other thing that probably sucks in the gas mileage, at least compared to cars, but luckily gas isn't too bad right now.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
You definitely don't want an S2000. Friend of mine has one and just dishes out huge lists of problems with them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well if you need a truck, why not get 2 birds with 1 stone? A nice truck that can take a rough road and be a nice driver? I'd say a honda ridgeline. Dont get a compact truck with a crew cab, they may say they have room but its like wedging your knees on the seat infront of you at the movies.
Some cars you could check out are the new pontiac G8, can get it with a 6.0l, meant to compete with the dodge charger.

Or a dodge charger itself? Thats a roomy car.

To leave the continent, how about a nissan altima coupe, they look sharp and get great mileage, not that it matters anymore.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'd say a honda ridgeline. Dont get a truck with a crew cab, they
Really? A Honda Ridgeline?

I'm 6'4 and I have no problem in a crew cab from the new Chevy, Dodge, or Ford. The Titan isn't too bad either.

I test drove the new Civic Si. The interior is mediocre at best, the dash is a disaster. The car is pretty gutless, but it did handle well. If you want something fun from Honda go for the S2000.

The new Turbo Cobalt SS has done extremely well in the magazines lately, in speed/handling. It's a chevy, so the interior isn't impressive at all. If you want a sport compact you should definitely consider the MazdaSpeed3. Go test drive this car and you wont be sorry. It may be slightly slower that the Cobalt SS but the interior and space inside the car make up for it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts