Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i've been out of the game for about 4 years now and gonna pick it back up.. i've ordered a ion xe, stiffi barrel, pure energy 68ci 4500 psi tank to get me started. i'm having a hard time choosing a hopper. i think i've decided on a haloB but there seem to be quite a few different versions with a few different boards. theres a stock one for 90 and the ones with custom boards are about $20 more. is there any real difference in the boards? and if so which one is the best and is it worth 20 more bucks?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
there's a huge difference in boards. the Stock board is slow compared tot he other ones, it doe not have anti-jamming features either.
I like the victory board best. I'ts fairly cheap now(especialyl if you buya used halo with one in it)

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Yup, HaloB with V35 and Rip Drive is what you'll be looking for.

Nice choice on the marker too :)

Write us a review on the Ion XE, I don't think people here know much about it (besides that it's Smart Parts).

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Stock boards don't have adjustable speeds, which can be pretty nice. As far as boards go the stock one is fine. But the rip drive is very helpful and you should definitely get that if you want to unjam it on the go or if the batteries go out. There are other aftermarket boards (like cheetah) but for an ion you only really need v35.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts