Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm a newbie paintballer and I got my first gun a Spyder (unknown model) but discovered it was leaking CO2 out of the barrel. I took it to my local paintball shop and they fixed it up and it started working fine all that day. But later that night I wanted to show my dad the gun and screwed in the CO2 tank and it started leaking from the place under the grip handle on my gun. I looked under it and it seems there is a hole where a screw should be but I'm not really sure since I don't remember a screw being there. Help!

Here are some pictures of the area I think its leaking from if its not from under the grip handle its on the metal piece connecting the CO2 to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nope I haven't taken it apart since. No it doesn't look like it has threads in it and its a small hole. I think I might just take it back there...if no one else has any ideas.

Edit: Also if anybody happens to know what kind of Spyder I have I would greatly appreciate them telling me

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Looks like a older Spyder TLX... not sure though. Suffice it to say it is a "powerfeed" model from probably back in the early 90's. Its not a bad looking spyder, though you may get some grief at some fields for there not being a trigger guard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Update: It seems to be not doing it anymore. I put the CO2 back into it this morning to see if it would do it again and it didn't. Any idea why is it leaking so sporadicly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry for the double post but a new problem has surfaced. The gun is semi-automatic but after I shoot, I have to recock it for some reason. I'm beginning to think this gun is more trouble than its worth and might just buy a Spyder Sonix or an Xtra. You guys know if any of those guns are good?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Drop some lube down the asa and fire it a couple times, it shouldn't be automatic given it's a mech gun, unless there were some modifications done to it.

EDIT: and Medic, I was thinknig the very same thing.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The ASA, or Air System Adaptor, is where you screw your co2 tank into. Just drop a couple drops of lube down there and dry fire the gun a couple times, that should fix the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to paintballing also i went to bad boyz toyz and bought a gameface recon, bt-4 assualt, and the bt-4 iron horse are they good guns to start with????

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
The gun is semi-automatic but after I shoot, I have to recock it for some reason. I'm beginning to think this gun is more trouble than its worth and might just buy a Spyder Sonix or an Xtra. You guys know if any of those guns are good?
The problem is that your probbly out of CO2. Make sure your tank isn't empty. Only other reason for this would be that the sear is getting worn out, which is also possible, but i'd put my money on that your tank is just empty and you don't know it.

Spyders are ok. The Xtra and the Sonix are both older model spyders and will share similar problems that your current spyder has/ will have. If I was you i'd just wait and save up for a tippmann 98, or a Spyder VS1.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The ASA, or Air System Adaptor, is where you screw your co2 tank into. Just drop a couple drops of lube down there and dry fire the gun a couple times, that should fix the problem.
What kind of lube do I need to use? Is it something I could make at home or do I need to go out and buy some? Also the gun is having a slight leak very small so what should I do about that just put tape over the place its leaking?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts