Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you believe that limiting protesters access to political conventions is necessary? say why or why not.

if you guys could help me out that would be cool.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
The freedom of speech and the freedom of peacible assembly are 2 of the rights most fought for by our founding fathers. While protesters may be noisy, arrogant, and some time unruly, it is their constitutional right to protest.

As Volaitre once said "I do not agree with what you say; yet I will defend, even unto death, your right to say it."

Wierd that it took a expatriate Frenchman to sum up the ideals of American freedoms...

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
I would say it is there right to protest, you have to keep in mind some 'political' organizations hold things that are very offensive to individuals. Just like people are going to protest at kkk rallies, stuff like that. So I would say no on limiting protestors, unless they are of course using violence, which is against the law anyway, except in sports.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Limiting protest is never good, as metioned befre we have a freedom of assembly that is stated in the constution.

however if the protesters begin to do illegal things (trash stores..burn down things, attack people..etc) they shoudl be arrested and stopped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts