Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a smart parts vibe for a good price. But it didn't not come with a regulator. I need to know where i can get one for it. Also it has a small leak apparently by the solenoid value.

Here is the description that the seller have me.
******* the vibe DOES NOT have a regulator. It was stolen at the field. Great cosmetics. It shoots fine/ cycles with no problem... BUT, It has a small leak near solenoid. a tank of HPA standard 3k, leaks out in 10mins. HERE IS WHY IT HAS A LEAK... On the board there is a gas through screw (meaning air travels through the screw directly from the micro-line), it stripped my Allen key and the screw a bit i was using so i don't have a set that will unscrew it. It is partially unscrewed meaning air is escaping. The board and Solenoid should be fine, as the light is still lighting up, not giving me the error blink.
If that doesn't work... just fill out the warranty card and ship it to SP.

Any suggestions?

·
It's 420 somewhere.
53 Posts
There are many websites that have regulators, just choose one to your liking.

1) Try to screw it back in.
2) Take it to your nearest paintball store.
3) Buy a Blackheart board
4) Don't know it the warranty card will still work, but I do not recommend sending it to SmartParts.( Read around why) I had a vibe, sent it in to be serviced in December and after no replies to my emails or my calls it was returned to me in March. Someone else in the forum also had the same problem.

Good luck.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
no, that leak is a banjo fitting, those go all the time, the noid leak sounds minor in comparison and nothing a little elbow grease could not fix, chances are its a loose hose or something anyway.

my question is, why on earth did you buy this thing? missing reg and broken parts? stripped banjo? this guy doesnt sound like he exactly knew what he was doing.

anyway its on the way, your going to need a LP regulator, if memory serves correct the vibes OP is 200 psi, most regs i dont think will go down that low, see if you can find a pressure range listed when buying a reg, also order a new banjo fitting while you get the reg and a rebuild kit, might as well give the marker a fresh rebuild since this guy doesnt sound like he took care of it the best. put it together and then see what else is wrong, dont order a new board unless you absolutely need to

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
i wouldnt hold your breath, they have been taking longer and longer "vacations" and have no inventory to speak of, the company is shutting down if not gone already. but knowing the G brothers chances are they will keep it quiet so the consumer doesnt loos faith in SP and therefore whatever next adventure they decide to take up

·
No. Boston balla
502 Posts
well on that problem, you can buy another whole vibe in sig...

·
Registered
4 Posts
....anyway its on the way, your going to need a LP regulator, if memory serves correct the vibes OP is 200 psi......
correct, 180psi.

Someone here said something about the blackheart....not really usefull if you bought a marker without the regulator but really really usefull if you wanna uppgrade your gun.
I've a question about that and the Vibe! (it still fit in "help smart parts vibe" topic :p )

I found the list of features of this monster board for our "poor" Vibe:
Fire Rate (Adjustable)
Trigger Debounce (Adjustable)
Kick-In Rate for Advanced Modes (Adjustable)
Sustain Rate for Advanced Modes (Adjustable)
Shots Fired to Enter Advanced Mode (Adjustable)
First Shot Drop Software (Adjustable)
PSP Legal Mode (Adjustable)
NXL Legal Mode (Adjustable)
Millennium Legal Mode (Adjustable)
Three Shot Burst
Low Battery Indicator
More User-Friendly Software

....but I could't find what they mean for: "Fire Rate (Adjustable)".:confused:
Is it increased? Stock Vibe max rate of fire is 11bps. Does it go over with the blackhearth or I'll able to "adjust" the rate between 1 and 11?? :D

I've this doubt because of this:
Additional ION/SP-8 features:
-New Speaker for Easier Adjustments and On/Off Activation
-Non-Battery Draining Design
-Nickel Plated Solenoid Components
-New Higher Max Rate of Fire Software (20 shots/sec)

They specify that the rate of fire is increased to 20bps on ION! So it's not for the Vibe. isn'tit?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
max fire adjustable means you can set your rate of fire, gennerally anywhere between like 3-20bps (20 is where that board caps out at) so lets say you set it to 10bps, you start pulling the trigger at 7 bps and it is firing 7bps, you start pulling the trigger at 12 bps and it will only allow 10bps to be fired

board for the ion and vibe is the same, they are afterall the same marker with a little different look to them

·
Registered
4 Posts
max fire adjustable means you can set your rate of fire, gennerally anywhere between like 3-20bps (20 is where that board caps out at) so lets say you set it to 10bps, you start pulling the trigger at 7 bps and it is firing 7bps, you start pulling the trigger at 12 bps and it will only allow 10bps to be fired

board for the ion and vibe is the same, they are afterall the same marker with a little different look to them
... but with a substantial price gap^^

Ok now, you have to forgive me but my english sux (I'm Italian).
So actually we could really adjust (set) the rate of fire with the Blackheart but the vibe will shot max 11bps, no more.
I could set 15 or 17 or 20bps ......but it's not going to shot more than 11?
This because the BH is the same for the ION....that has a higher max rate of fire.
Is it correct?

tnx again! ;)

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ok yes the vibe and ion have different price tags but in reallity its a marketing thing more than anything

the reason stock vibe is capped at 11 is because they give it the low force bolt (really its just slowing down the cycling air so it doesnt put much pressure on the paint) so it will not chop paintballs, stock ion on the other hand comes with eyes so there is no need for a low force bolt but if you have a fast enough hopper you can get the bolt to cycle faster without worrying about chopping, in reality if you find a kit and not jsut the board like this

Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment

that comes with eyes so you will be free to allow the board to cycle the marker as fast as you can get paint into it, with the eyes if there is no paint in the breach it will not fire, although in reality in order to reach 20 bps you will need a QEV as well but the board itself should allow you to get above 15 bps and really anything over that is a waste anyway so if you dont have to spend extra money i wouldnt worry about it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts