Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took apart my brand new Tippmann 98 after I only used it to shoot about 200 paint balls. I chopped like 10 balls because I was using AT LEAST 10 year old paint (Yeah, i'm smrt).

I opened it up and cleaned it all out, lubed up the orings and bolt, and in the process the metal-woven air cord got unhooked from the inside. I tried to put it back but now it just leaks everytime I hook my CO2 tank to it. It is the air tube that connects to the receiver, not the end that attaches to the tank.

Is there a video or suggstion I could do to fix the leak before taking it to a pro shop? Or does this require tools other than duct tape and hex keys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can you get teflon tape D: And yes, the way you worded it sounded better xD

//EDIT: You mean just wrap the tape around where it connects to the innerbolt (idk what its called) or around the threads themselves.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
there should be threads on the end of your steel braided line where it goes into the valve body, thats what you want to wrap, as long as thats where the leak is coming from any fix it store like lows, home depot, even fred meyers and wal mart will carry teflon tape, also called plumbers tape. its typically around $1 a roll

1 - 5 of 5 Posts