Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright heres the scopp. I had orderd a double trigger, 32* car stock, and flatline barrel for my tippman 98 custom. But I ran out of CO2 the day before it got here lol. So when it got here I put everything on, but in the middle of taking it apart a piece went flying out of it. I found it and it was the spring back by the bolt... I forget whats its called lol. The volocity spring I think? Heres a picture of it:

So Im hoping that I put it and everything back together correctly. But I dont have any CO2 to test it. (I would go pay $10 to get it refilled but Im going paintballing tonight and the place Im going to has free refills.) and I dont want to show up there, have my gun not work and have to rent a black maxx. Yea, a BLACK MAXX! :( So what Im asking is; is there a way to test and make sure my gun will work correctly without needing CO2?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
There's no picture here. Sorry.

As for springs, There the drive spring ( or hammer spring). It's the longest one. Fits behind the rear bolt. The sear spring, which is smaller and looped at each end. The trigger spring is a small and generally useless little thing. And there's the front sight spring, which we all love to hate.

As for if it works or not...No left over parts? And you can cock it and the bolt will rack fowards when you pull the trigger? Doesn't seem to bind up on anything? If yes, then aside from any air leaks that might have been created (doubtful unless you were messing with the valve), it ought to be in working order.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Torch said:
As for springs, There the drive spring ( or hammer spring). It's the longest one. Fits behind the rear bolt.
Yea thats the one! And yes, when I cock it, it locks...when I pull the trigger it goes forward without catching on anything.

Alright, good. Now a feel a bit better lol. Ill have to fill you in on if it works tonight or not. But Im sure it will :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright. When I got to the field I went to get my CO2 refilled. But they suposedly ran out of CO2 so they gave me a High Pressure tank to use, filled it up for me and told me to take a few test shots w/ it. It seemed to work fine so I used it. I only started to think about it after. I used it for 4 games of woodsball, about 350 shots the whole day. MY question now is will that ruin my Tippman at all using what I used?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Damn, was goona say, 10$ to fill a c02 tank? What are you using??? a 60oz or something? hehe, noticed your from Canada, forgot about exchange rates.

HPA is better then c02 in almost everyway, except theres not as many places that fill HPA, as compared to c02.

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
naw youll just have to get your co2 filled and check it at the field be sure to bring your tools for disassembly incase something is wrong

·
Registered
5 Posts
Velislide said:
Damn, was goona say, 10$ to fill a c02 tank? What are you using??? a 60oz or something? hehe, noticed your from Canada, forgot about exchange rates.

HPA is better then c02 in almost everyway, except theres not as many places that fill HPA, as compared to c02.
ya thats what i was going to say. haha. but ya HPA is better and its cleaner. and at my paintball place it is cheaper to fill.....its free. do other places charge for air?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts