Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know how much is left before hydro date is over.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The HPA tanks have a date on them. Based on that date, you can just do some basic math to figure out when the hydro expires. For example, mine says 04/07. Since I have a Carbon Fiber Wrapped tank, it will last 5 years from that date before I have to get it hydro tested again. So I'm good until 4/12. Some tanks have a 3 year hydro on them, such as Fiberglass wrapped tanks. When you buy your tank online or in a store, they should be able to give you this information. Also, in terms of weight, Steelies are the heaviest followed by FiberGlass and Carbon Fiber (lighest).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had a fiberglass worr games 70ci 45psi so do u kno or how i can find out how long it last from date.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can you post a pic of your tank's label? There should be a set of 4 numbers somewhere that resemble a date. They could possibly have a letter in between them, like 04a07.

Darn you matrix! LOL... I was looking for that post just now too. I came back to edit mine once I found it and realized that you had posted just before me LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts