Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I just have a question that has been driving me crazy! Saturday was my first time paintballing and I just bought a Spyder Pilot ACS and I really did a lot of research and most people said it did not chop at all - so I bought it and for me it chops almost every 10 - 20 balls! Me and my friend cannot figure out why? I will give you a few things about what I was doing and I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me. #1 - First of all I put Dye Sticky 3's on it. #2 - I used both the stock barrel and I tried my friends 13 in. (i think) barrel. #3 - I am using normal Co2 in a spyder tank and ive tried it with and without my remote line. #4 - Im using the new Extreme Rage db activated (sound activated) electric hopper and I have tried all three modes (tournament, medium, and normal) #5 - I pulled the trigger in till it was practically touching the button, however it was seeming to fire 2 - 4 shots when I pulled the trigger once (on tournament lock (semi - auto only)) so I moved it back out and if I quickly pull the trigger it only shoots once however if I pull it slowly it will double fire (most of the time chop) #6 - I am using Stinger paint that I just bought and my friends have used it before and it seems to work fine however I have tried some camo paint or something and that chopped too. #7 - It is winter however i kept it inside and went outside and shot it within 2 min. and it still chopped so I dont think it is the weather. Anyway Ive cleaned it like six times and it keeps chopping and I just cannot keep using this and I dont think the gun is a lemon and my best guess is that it is the hopper, but im not sure. #8 - The battery is fully charged.
If anyone could help me I WOULD SOO APPRECIATE IT! Thanks:hug:

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
is it chopping or breaking paint int eh barrel after is shoots? if it's chopping you hopper feedneck will have paint in it.
Another cause can be deformed paint. were you using fresh paint? was it round or did it have dimples or deformities?

If you were using good paint and it's not breaking in the barrel, buy a new hopper because you are outshooting how fast it can feed.

As for the double-firing: Make sure your frame is tightly screwed onto the body, next lube everything up with paintball oil. remove everything that come out when you pull the field strip pin out and lube the o-rings that you see with 2-3 drops of the paintball oil(not grease, or cream)

if that does not work, make sure your tank is full.

If that doesn't work make sure your sear is in good shape. thsi requires removing the frame and looking at the piece that stick out intot he inside of the marker. if the top of it is rounded and worn, you'll need ot buy a new one. This is a very rare problem and usualyl occurs only after the marker has been fired thousands upon thousands of times.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thanks you - now that you mention it two different things were happening - sometimes they were breaking in the barrel - but that didnt bother me as much because I could keep shooting and yes the paintballs were new however a lot of them did have little dimples on them - however the main problem occurs when I pull the trigger and then nothing comes out and there is paint in my neck feed and all over the inside of my hopper. I think I just need a better hopper because even though I am in semi - auto mode it can fire 20 bps and I think the hopper cant keep up. It was ticking me off because I had to take apart my hopper because the paint got into the wiring and it took like a half and hour to clean lol. anyway the hopper I have is this one Extreme Rage Overdrive Sonic dB Paintball Loader - Smoke at ActionVillage.com : Paintball and it does not say anywhere how many bps it does so that could be a problem - so what do you suggest for a reasonably priced hopper that will do 18 - 20 bps? thanks for the much needed info!thumup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o wow really? cause your right it works fine when I shoot really really slow lol but I had no idea it was that slow lol so do you think that is the prob? cause it still has ACS and it should stop it from chopping ya know? well thanks for the helpful tips you have been very knowledgeable!thumup:

ps - any suggestions for a fast hopper? thnx

·
Registered
147 Posts
Halo, Empire, Eggs, and some others are the most popular high-end hoppers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats actually exactly the one i was looking at buying lol now I just got to get enough money and sell my other one lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts