Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant figure out why myh ion keeps chopping im using chronic and diablo forula 13 paint, i have a qev warrior bolt,halo v35 with ripdrive and also ape rampage board, i have the markers psi set at 180 and the dwell is at 30/ rof 15 stock settings on ape board, the eyes r working fine. i just dont know what to do, so if anyone could help the would be great thanks

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
set your victory board to a slower speed. having it set at an excessive speed can cause chops. Make sure the eyes on your marker are working as well.

are you ramping when it's chopping? are the batterys in your marker and hopper fresh?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i was using fresh batteries, i was shooting in semi should i drop the dwell and raise the rof

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
you mentioned setting the dwell differently. set the dwell back to how it was stock.

your'e using decent paint, but is it fresh or has it been sitting around for a while?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
wow 30 ms is stock? hmm I didn't realize that

so it's obviously not a dwell preoblem.

are your detents in good shape? maybe it's a double feeding problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i still have stock detents what would i check for to see if there ok, i meant 30 blinks on the ape board sorry

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
just make sure they're still holding the balls in the breach. take off the hopper and try to push a paintball through with your finger. there should be some slight resistance. if not your detents need replaced.

I'm trying to find some more information for you. Ions are a big mystery to me as I'm not a fan of single tube markers.

here is a link to the ion rampage board manual, I'm not sure if it'll help you but it's a start.
APE Rampage Ion board manual online - Smart Parts Owners

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i thank you for your help, im gonna try some things that we discussd i will let you no if anything improved

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thats weird, does it have an anti-chop system like the new Ions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You better not be a fan of Spiders! XD

1 - 20 of 24 Posts