Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
Where i am it is 2 degrees outside. I am using CO2 and my gun will go full-auto after 3 min outside. I had an expansion chamber on it but it did the same thing faster. I know Co2 is doing this and i know another gas would work better, but i need to know if anyone has a solution to this problem i can make on a Farm in wyoming.

Jeep1950

P.S. I have a Tipppmann A-5

·
Registered
60 Posts
Your air is NOT exspanding, so its using a WHOLE lot more air per shot. By a tank cover and insulate it with Hothands or something. Try to keep it warm. Also get a Anti-Siphon..They cost around $19.99 new.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
2 degrees F is cold. Seriously cold.

If you're feeling crafty and have access to a chronograph you can consider getting a tank with a Siphon (not Anti) or Dip tube installed in it.

That's right. Run straight, raw, liquid CO2.

You will have no problems with CO2, no matter what temperature it is. The only downside is that your gun will have a cloud of CO2 when you shoot and you'll get slightly less shots per tank.

You'll probably have to 'adjust' the hammer spring by cutting a coil or two off it to bring the velocity down to safe limits. The normal adjuster might not be enough once you go straight liquid.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
HPA would work, but like suggested, get some kind of tank cover and throw some hand warmers in there or something to at least warm it up a little bit, it should help. also, i wouldnt suggest playing paintball in 2* weather... somehow, playing paintball in 400 layers of clothing sounds more like work than fun... lol

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
HPA would work, but like suggested, get some kind of tank cover and throw some hand warmers in there or something to at least warm it up a little bit, it should help. also, i wouldnt suggest playing paintball in 2* weather... somehow, playing paintball in 400 layers of clothing sounds more like work than fun... lol
i invision them playing like the kid from a christmas story. "i can't put my arms down"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts