Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm having serious probs with my import *****ing rice burner* but here's what's wrong. My car wants to overheat everynow and then *fluids good* and white smoke will come out the exhaust pipe sometimes, mainly if i'm having a hard time starting it up.
1. Oil is not milky..good oil.
2. coolant/water full
3. thermostat...eh i dunno

but then, she's been doing this thing where she just don't wanna start. It's turning over and smoke will come out, but the car just wont stay runnin. So I'll have to fuss with it to get it started. I'm at my witts end. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I'm thinking about going and just getting a new car and making payments on it, but i need this one to get to work for now. so if i can find low payments i'll try to jus get a new one, but if anyone can give me tips til then plz help.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
When was the last time you flushed and filled the coolant?

If it's white smoke it sounds like you've got a coolant leak somewhere, possibly just a small one. I would get it checked out, if you don't you could hydrolock and really mess things up.

Either way, over heating and white smoke isn't good.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
ocassional white smoke, especially this time of year, is always just condensation in the exhaust

overheating now and then, well it could be a list of things

i'll list them from an order of most expensive to fix to cheapest

1. cracked block, just a small crack that needs alot of heat to expand to make a problem
2. cracked head, ^^^^^
3. head gasket
4. intake gasket
5. cooling fans
6. relay
7. temp sensor
8 sticky thermostat

if its one of items 1-3, id suggest getting another car

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Its pretty much sounding like what was wrong with the s10 when i bought it. Just a head gasket but thats just my situation. What car is it?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been thru head gasket, tranny, and had my exhaust fall outta the manifold, so jon says

**** THIS

my dad's got fairly good credit, i'm gonna try to take out a loan and get a fairly new car.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, long time since i made this thread, think I'll take a moment of silence for yoda. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts