Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired an Ion. So far it's a step up from the Spyder I was using. But I traded some old stuff for it and it has a virtue board and I believe a tech t L7 bolt and some other upgrades. Since this is the first paintball marker i've ever owned with all of the electronics i'm skiddish about tearing it down. I thought about letting the local paintball shop do it. I figured they would know what to do and I honestly can't afford a new virtue board if i mess it up. I'm on a budget. But it's been used and i'd like to replace the frame and get a new body kit for it. The problem i'm running into is everywhere i look they're sold out...i looked at ansgear.com and they have some frames but i'm not real sure which one i need. One comes with a qev, frame and body. Would that be my best bet? And this may be a dumb qeuestion (i'm still new to this kind of marker) but if i were to get the one with the body would a body kit go over that or would that actually be the body kit? It has a redz body kit on it now but it's beat up pretty bad and i'd like to replace it. I prefer the color black so any good black body kit (and where to get it) would be perfect. Once again i seen body kits on ansgear.com but i'm not sure if they come with the grips.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
the ion parts marker is long gone, Use yours and play with it. You could buy another ion and use the body from that, but it'd be a waste of money.

The good news is that because the ion was so popular, there's a TON of videos on youtube about how to take it apart. go out and educate yourself about it and you'll feel much more comfortable with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about buying a freak barrel. I plan on using the marker for awhile. I thought it might be a good investment and people give them good reviews. If i were to buy one would it come as a complete set or would i have to buy the inserts, back and front seperate?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
As long as you wanted it in red, you can still get a good BOB (bolt out back) body in the Deadlywinds Negative Zero

Paintball Barrels - Negative body shell w/BOB?

Also, ANS Gear has several Shocktech bodies left that are BOB.

If you get a body, get a BOB, they DRASTICALLY make the Ion easier to work on.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I always preferred the FOEHN body, but yeah, the DW is still great. Why do you say the Shocktech is disappointing? I knew several people that had them and they all seemed to like it.
It's just not not as smooth and fantastic looking as other shocktech bodies. DM4/5, Bushmaster are clearly the best. The Intimidator ST body is kinda growing on me, but it only looks good in certain circumstances. This ION body doesn't look very good, in my opinion. it's not smooth and flowing, like the others they did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts