Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
master and slave has to do with hard drives- if you have two hard drives one is master and one is slave.

So no, you dont have to set one as master and one as slave. There should be two ports on the ribbon cable going to the CD ROM Plug it into the open one (thats not being used by the CD ROM you already have) if the extra port is being used by the hard drive, then check next to where the first ribbon cable connects to the motherboard- there should be another port for plugging in a second ribbon cable. Get another ribbon cable of the same size and connect it all up. Your computer should add it automatically if you did everything right.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
not to me, but maybe some black people who had ancestors that were slaves might be a little offended. Not that they should be, but naming it like that is asking for trouble

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
no, i tried usine one cable, with the master/slave setup and it didnt work. so i tried them on separate cables, both master, one master one slave, and then both slave....go figure.....tripped me out.

it even says so in the setup....primary slave, and secondary slave. no master.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts