Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm new to the forum here, and thus far am very impressed with the help/news/stories i've read. That being said, I recently bought a 14" J&J Ceramic, and put it on my Spyder Sonix. I am shooting a 16 ounce CO2, with a Java 200 hopper, and other than that it's all stock. Anyway, the balls with this new barrel are flying everywhere, the majority of them just dropping pretty hard, (primarily hitting the grass before they reach the target). Any idea what I could do to fix this?

Thanks a ton,
axiom

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Have you checked your paint to barrel size? If its too small it will be unaccurate and low velocity because the air escapes around the paintball, not so much as on the paint ball. How to check your paint to barrel is put a pb in the back of the barrel where it screws in, if it just rolls out it too small. If it stays there, you have to blow on it to get it out. A light blow is okay. An average blow is good. a hard blow is no good. If you blow as hard as you can and it doesn't come out, then the paint is too big and will/can cause chops. Chops are no good. Also, have you checked your barrel inside of it for dirt/paint, that can cause curving. Is your velocity to high? That can cause curving. If its all the way up, turn it down, then it will not curve unless you have bad paint/barrel match or paint in the barrel.
David

·
Registered
7 Posts
tell me how it goes, because i want to get the same barrel for my sonix

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
J&J makes a good barrel.

Your problem lies with any of the following:

1) Bad Paint -- dimples, flat spots, uneven fill will curve your shots like crazy.
2) Bad paint/bore match -- as stated above, if the paint is small, or too big, it will cause problems.
3) Dirt/oil/paint in the barrel -- makes paint curve
4) Excessive velocity -- makes paint curve

My suspicion is bad paint..

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts