Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He everyone! New to the forums here, not paintball though.
However its been a good year since Ive played, and me and two other buds from school are talkin about getting back into it. Hes got some acreage thats wide and open with woods, however were all experianced speedball players.

Also I have a dilemma i was hoping perhaps you guys could help me with:
So I have this Tippmann 98 C ( bought it from a friend, came with a buncha upgrades on it.) He had put on there a resposnive trigger, allowed for a 3 round burst, a gas line that allowed hpa, and a rear cocking system. Now I know the 98's are awesome guns, for any game, but it wasnt shooting right (or hasnt been). The hpa tank i got with it was pretty much junk (one of them bulldogs ones), and it craped on me real quick, and the gun was leaking co2.....I could go on and on. So this week im going to take her into a great shop I know and have em take care of it.

On the Brighter side, I have a older friend who owns 2 autocockers (with dye bomsticks), an Angel (if i remember right), and a Bob Long. He said he would sell me one for 50 bucks or a little higher.

So what the question is, What kind of gun should I go for?? I play Back in speedball, and in woodsball I usually creep around and pick guys off one by one.
Just having some trouble deciding on a marker.

Sorry to ellaborate so much on a first post, but Id apreciate the advice!

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
If it's a classic timmy, get it and put an 05 frame on it and it will shoot just as well as anything out there.

Depends on the angel and cockers(tell us EXACTLY what kind), cause they can make a hug difference.

Personally, unless it's some kind of really REALLY rare cocker or angel(like I said....need to know exactly what kind), I would get the timmy and drop the extra 50-75$ dollars on an 05 frame for it and be rocking.

timmy is a gun by boblong btw. There are multiple "bob long" guns. If it's a defiant....well that's a bit more complicated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry mate, youll have to fill me in on this 05 frame??
Yeahh its an older 98 C model, doesnt have the new pictany rail on it, Im gona see if the store can just get it back to normal... but htis frame??

Ahh I really dont know specifically what kinds theyd be, but he said he spent a couple grand on the one.

Id really like to keep my tippmann and better it though. =D

Oh I forgot to add, I also have like an extendable stock for it, was hoping to get this rear cocking system off and get it on there.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The frame is for one of the guns he probably is offering you. find out what they are and when I get done with class today I'll explain what I'm talking about to you..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts