Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good buddy of mine is looking for a car that is a convertable, faster then a Subaru WRX in 0-60 time, and around the same price range as the WRX (maybe a bit more). He wants a four seater convertable, but after some talking he said a two would be fine if it fits the rest of the requirements.

By the way, he is about 6ft tall. I've been looking, but I couldn't really find much other then maybe a Mustang GT, though he thinks it is a bit small for him. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Chrysler sebring

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
m98_bmx said:
By the way your describing it, hes not going to find any car that is going to be cheap to insure, so you might as well get an older car instead of throwin down the cash for a new one.
It is much cheaper for a fast car with airbags and such then a fast muscle car without airbags or half the other saftey features of today.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
they do make a big difference, your right. thats why i couldnt get a cherokee. for me, it was like an extra 50$ a month or something ridiculous. BTW- wrx's are fun as hell to drive if he hasnt driven one.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Yeah, no Mustang. Try a early 90s Vette (not sure if it's faster or not).

Also, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo is faster in 0-60 than a WRX I think, but I don't know if they make convertables or not. Those things are nice though. Super nice.

~Jin

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
The Evo doesn't come in convertible. Yeah dooms, he'd going to have a hard time finding his car. The best suggestion I can make is a Honda S2000 (coming from a guy that generally dislikes hondas). It's a close race against a WRX though. Also Dooms, keep in mind that when you're looking at the 0-60 times online/etc for these cars, he's not going to be able to get them. Most published times are recorded by professional drivers, and even then they take the best out of either 5 or 10 runs, depending on the magazine/company. With cars like the Mustang GT, driver skill and execution is absolutely imperative to how the power transfers to the road. the WRX and other AWD cars are incredibly easy to get good launches out of, and I've seen more than one mustang go down to a WRX in the 1/4, stock for stock.

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything he might like.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Don't get a Mustang. I hate those things.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm, I thought about the Pontiac Solstice being a good choice, the only problem is it isn't out yet:(

Anyway, the reason he is looking for this is his brother has a WRX and of course he wants to one-up his older brother. Anyway, I think around $20,000 is his price range, maybe a bit less or more depending on other cost. His parents want him to get something safe, he wants something fast and he is a big convertable fan. (atleast he has become one since he saw my uncles Viper:rolleyes: ) I think the Solstice may fit the bill, though I don't know if it is faster then the WRX and if he can fit in it. (it looks kinda small)

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
uhh no one mentioned corvette, and you he can get a mr2, and with the saved money, put some power in it, then there are the mercedes kompressors

like blue said, if you can get a 300z, you are set

1 - 20 of 41 Posts