Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're going to change your shifter at least put a knob that has the shift pattern on it. :mad:

I was driving my buddies STi tonight to drop it off at the shop (he's getting a bigger turbo setup put on). Anyway, it takes me five minutes to figure out you have to pull up the little ring to get it into reverse, than another five to figure out which way is reverse. I felt like an idiot.:rolleyes:

With that said, other than being small and riding like a stage coach it wasn't that bad. ;) I've never driven one for more than a few blocks before. The blow-off scared the piss out of me a few times too, which is normal since I'm not used to it.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
dooms, don't feel bad-I did the exact same thing when I had my tib for the first time. Took me about 10 min to figure out the reverse pull-up mechanism. Kept putting it all the way over and down, but the car would lurch foward, haha.

Yea, loud bovs are def an attention getter. But, then again, I'd rather hear my turbo spool over anything. Open-wastegate dump tube=mucho loudness. I've got the ssqv bov on my hatch and it sounds nuts. Makes a psh-psh-psh-psh-pshhhh sound instead of a pshhhhh; kinda like a rattlesnake, haha

D

·
0 Posts
and riding like a stage coach it wasn't that bad.
My brother just put new suspension kit in his impreza (pulled a dukes of hazard routine, unintentionally, over a ditch and blew them out on the landing) and it definitely rides rough now.

My legacy's suspension is so worn that it just bobs like a bubble.

Ive never noticed that about the shifting though. Then again, I've never reversed his car, and mines automatic and so's my parents outback. (yeah that's right, we all have subarus haha)

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
my cavy i totatled was like that and nowhere ont he shifting knob did it say so. Test driving it, I sat ina parking lot wonder if it was broken for a good 5 min before I figured it out on accident

1 - 5 of 5 Posts