Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.. I'm really new to playing paintball and after a lot of research I picked up a smart parts ION off Ebay used. Guy said everything worked.. Got a evaluation loader that seems to work great, had to put new batteries in everything, a HPA tank which I filled today and a proto barrel.

So my questions are

1. after loading everything up I tested shooting and it seems that the first shot goes out fine but the next shots are basically duds.. they almost fall out of the barrel. So if I wait another min or so the first shot fires fine again but again the next couple are duds.. what could be the problem here?

2. the proto barrel screws in fine but if I try and put the stock barrel on it won't screw in?? Is there something I need to do to the marker to change barrels??

Thanks a lot everyone!

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Your air is getting choked up somewhere and/or you're having recharge issues

Is your tank screwed in all the way?
Is the tank almost empty?

You might have an aftermarket breech in you Ion

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I know the tank is full as I filled it up today and the pressure gauge reads just below the 2 1/2 mark. I don't believe there is a aftermarket breech, is there a way I can tell? i'll make sure the tank is screwed in all the way.

I've been reading a bit online and would this have anything to do with not lubing the regulator & other parts?? I'm thinking of just taking the whole thing apart and lubing/cleaning inspecting the o-rings etc..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I just went out and tried something, I read another site that had some recommended settings for the dwell and sure enough I must have had it set way too low cause I bumped it up to the 40-50 range and it seems to be firing fine now..

It's late out and the marker isn't exactly quiet so I don't wanna piss anyone off with my first day of testing.. i'll play with it more in the morning.. thanks!

any ideas on the barrel?

·
Bunz Paint
89 Posts
the same thing happend to my friends tippman but idk how i fix it i took it all apart and put it all back together and it worked fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts