Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I;ve been playing paintball for roughly 1 year (around 10 times). I;ve rented the gun for all ten times. SO i;ve decided its time for me to buy a gun. I will be mainly playing woodball. I looked into the tippmann a5 and I like it. It fits my budget of 200ish and its got a lot of mod + upgrades for me to do in the future. Do you guys think the a5 will suit me? Or should I look into a nother gun.

Any help will be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
no no no absultely not. the A-5 is an overpriced marker for sure. If you go tippman, get a 98c and buy a halo b/reloader b for it.

I'll also ask that you look into getting a spyder vs1. it's smaller, faster and lighter for about the same price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rented the 98c once and I didnt realy like it. It was heavy and the was a major arch in the shooting. But that may change with a new barrel?

as for the vs1/2 series isnt that for speedball? also the vs1 is only $10 cheaper from where im buying it from.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
the A-5 is a heavier and bulkier 98c. as fro arching, it was probalyl shooting slow, nothing to do with the marker/barrel.

the vs1/2 are for whatever you want to use them for. they're versitle.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
and get the vs1 off actionvillage.com....89.99 for the refurb one...

·
Registered
92 Posts
98C is very accurate if you get a good barrel, I'd recommend a Lapco Bigshot or SP Teardrop.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Match- We don't mind you promoting the 98c, that's your choice. Don't make claims like that without justification.

Every gun is just as accurate as every other bloody gun. Barrel length(after 8 inches) makes no difference, nor does brand. The 98c and the droid(or ego, or timmy or...) are just as accurate as the other because they BOTH FIRE A ROUND BALL AT 280FPS FROM A TUBE. If you can blow hard enough it would be the same thing...air hitting a ball. There is nothing else you can do to a ball without adding backspin to make it more accurate....The LP myth is smart parts bull, the closed bolt myth is 15 year old WGP bull.

IF you like your gun, I'm glad for you. Both barrels you've recommended are nice as well. However, your not contributing anything by leaving no explanation and no justification. The tone of your posts in this forum of late lead me to believe you may be simply trying to post pad a little, or may be very new to the sport and not know better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
In that case, allow me to elaborate.
Yes, a longer barrel doesn't make a difference after about fourteen inches. Anything longer than that creates drag and therefore you need to crank up the CO2 to get it shooting far. If you get a new barrel only have it 16 inches at the most.

I reccomended the 98 because its just about impossible to destroy, and because it gives you decent-good woodsball performance. If you put on a Halo and a shorter barrel then you have an okay speedball marker.

I beg to differ, but length and brand do make a difference. A slight difference, but a difference nonetheless. Especially when you start comparing lower-end barrels (20-60$) to higher end, like over 100$.
Not to mention porting that can affect the noise level. I personally like a quieter gun, so I get barrels with nice porting.
A good place to get the 98C is (sadly) walmart online, as they have digicamo versions for both the 98 Custom and the Pro version.

I am relatively new to the sport (14 months), lol. And I couldn't justify earlier becuase I was pressed for time. Sorry if this got long but I wanted to show I do occasionaly know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool, thanks for the info!

The vs has a electric feed to it but wont that make it less durable (ie. some wires comes loose...)

and interms of maintaining vs2..is it difficult cause im a noob and i dont wanna break it

·
394 Posts
In that case, allow me to elaborate.
Yes, a longer barrel doesn't make a difference after about fourteen inches. Anything longer than that creates drag and therefore you need to crank up the CO2 to get it shooting far. If you get a new barrel only have it 16 inches at the most.

I reccomended the 98 because its just about impossible to destroy, and because it gives you decent-good woodsball performance. If you put on a Halo and a shorter barrel then you have an okay speedball marker.

I beg to differ, but length and brand do make a difference. A slight difference, but a difference nonetheless. Especially when you start comparing lower-end barrels (20-60$) to higher end, like over 100$.
Not to mention porting that can affect the noise level. I personally like a quieter gun, so I get barrels with nice porting.
A good place to get the 98C is (sadly) walmart online, as they have digicamo versions for both the 98 Custom and the Pro version.

I am relatively new to the sport (14 months), lol. And I couldn't justify earlier becuase I was pressed for time. Sorry if this got long but I wanted to show I do occasionaly know what I'm talking about.
I take it that this time you don't know what your talking about. The 98 will never be a good speedball marker. The 98 isn't a good gun, so stop telling everyone to buy it. The Spyder VS1 is a better gun, that is smaller and a lot faster.

·
394 Posts
teh 98 s a good marker if you plan on submerging it in water, throwing it at trees, using it as a baseball bat, etc etc.
But if you don't plan on submerging it in water and throwing it at a tree, and why would somone want to be so retarded. It really isn't a good marker.

·
394 Posts
I don't pick it up because well me and most people, actually like to take care of our markers. If you mean an accident, that is pretty stupid. I think MOST people can remember to not slide on a puddle or hit their marker against a tree.

·
Crafty Vet of Nutball
100 Posts
I don't pick it up because well me and most people, actually like to take care of our markers. If you mean an accident, that is pretty stupid. I think MOST people can remember to not slide on a puddle or hit their marker against a tree.
is sarcasm a foreign language to you?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts