13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This

To

This

To

This

:D thumup:

Cliffnotes: Sold Prelude for $5k. Buying Fox for $5k.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lol yeah it's wasn't too bad when I test drove it. Was on some ice on an unplowed road and it seemed to do fine. It did much better than my Prelude thats for damn sure.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...It's called snow.

-Jin
Hahaha.

The WRX I just factored in I can't afford the monthly payments.

Guy with the Eclipse was asking WAY too much. I left him 2 messages and the twunt never got back to me.

I'm getting the 5.0 if I can talk him down. It's not worth 5k. I found a 92' GT with 67k miles for 4800 OBO so unless he goes down I'm going to pass and go look at the GT.

EDIT: Main purpose of this thread is to show that I finally sold my Prelude. Thing was slow but god I'll miss it.

Oh well I cheer up when I see the 5 grand sitting on my desk.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so are you carless? hows that working out?
It's cool. I haven't driven the Prelude in like 2 weeks anyways and just sold it tonight. I get rides from my mom to school cause she works there and i get rides home from friends. My mom dosen't drive much so I've been using her car.

·
Registered
920 Posts
You think thats bad, you should see it on my truck. Up here we have snowballs fights with the snow off of our vehicles in the school parking lot when we get bored. It's brown because they sand the hell out of the roads so people without 4wd dont die.

That does look nice though, I want one bad. However, getting raped on insurance and having to get a winter beater just makes it to expensive.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Nice LX hatch. A nice little turbo or blower and you'll be rocking. A buddy of mine has two turboed 5.0L stangs, one an LX foxbody. The LX ran low 10's and they kicked him out of Englishtown for not having a cage.:) They respond nicely to boost.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Don't get teh GT. You are probably to tight on $ to afford the insane insurance of a GT.
the only diff is some visual changes and maybe some slight suspension changes. dunno if the lx has 5spd or not. in any case they're both 2door sports cars with big v8 engines in them so insurance shouldnt be too far off.

Nice LX hatch. A nice little turbo or blower and you'll be rocking. A buddy of mine has two turboed 5.0L stangs, one an LX foxbody. The LX ran low 10's and they kicked him out of Englishtown for not having a cage.:) They respond nicely to boost.
rollin: yeah right, l337 with a turbo 5.0. the next picture WILL be of it wrapped around a tree

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the only diff is some visual changes and maybe some slight suspension changes. dunno if the lx has 5spd or not. in any case they're both 2door sports cars with big v8 engines in them so insurance shouldnt be too far off.

rollin: yeah right, l337 with a turbo 5.0. the next picture WILL be of it wrapped around a tree
Why do you proceed to bash me in every ****ing single one of my threads?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Z pyro is probably right though. No offense to 1337, my truck is bad enough in the snow. Its only got ~200 horses(4.3l) in a fullsize truck and its still all over the place unless i throw it in 4x4. Z is probably right, he was just being an asshole about it.

I think next summer Im gonna get a quote on a 5.0 and just to see if its not to insane.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
ya know, Im not really a ford guy, but I've been pretty impressed with the foxbodies. And dooms is right, they respond very well to boost, though I would recommend a blower over a turbo, just for the low end punch. Had a buddy with a 5.0, all he had done to it was a weiand blower and some higher flow injectors and that thing had some massive pony power. Though I do not recommend driving them in the snow...unless you LIKE shoveling and being cold.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I dont have a choice in the matter, if I floor it in any gear higher than second it floods. No, I'm not joking. It blows going up hills.

Weight is for pussies, real men put it in 4wheel drive and hope for the best :p

1 - 20 of 58 Posts