Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to get a hp tank instead of my co2 for my Tippmann Custom Pro. Could some body please tell me what exaclty i need for it and what all the different numbers mean and like where i have to go to fill it. basically i dont know a whole lot about them. help me out please.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The only thing you need is a HPA tank. I would reccommend a 68ci 4500psi bottle. There is a stickey I believe in the Tanks forum that tell approximately how many shots you'll get from the different sizes and pressures. Now basically there are 2 types of tanks other than size and bottle pressure; High pressure output (800psi range) and Low pressure output (Much lower pressure-250psi range maybe-not sure because i dont know anyone that has one) Good name brands are Crossfire/Pure Energy/Nitroduck and more. DO NOT BUY A 3A BRAND TANK.

My reccommendation: purchase a 68/4500 Crossfire or Pure Energy tank. I own both of these and they have never let me down.

You should be able to get them filled at your local field. If you have a field that offers all day air you can save alot of money by getting a 3000psi tank instead of the 4500psi which will give you less shots per fill but with all day air its all good.

I do know this, with a tippmann you should get about 800 shots from a 68/4500 tank which is about the same as a 20oz CO2 tank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. thanks a lot for the help. so would you recomend that i just stay with the co2 for my custom pro?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
What kind of custom pro did you get? Is it the RT or the electro? The Custom pro RT is a waste of money. By all means get a HPA bottle. If you still have the stock 8.5 inch barrel you want to ditch that for a 12" teardrop or J&J ceramic or 12" progressive.
In addition get yourself a nice hopper like a 12Volt Revvie and you will have a very formidable tippy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts