Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one here have a paintball team in there high school as like a sport? I want to start one but dont know how i would.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
We had a rifle team in high school. Probably the easiest way to go about starting one is finding a teacher who is into paintball and willing to run the club/team. From there you have to figure out where and how you're going to play. You'll also probably have to write up some kind of proposal saying exactly how the club/team will work, how safe paintball is, ect for the administration. The school would also have to figure out if their insurance will cover it. If it doesn't, you're probably sunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well last year we had a senior paintball team, So the school knows about the sport the problem is how to supply paint & a field? Or should we just supply the paint on are own?

·
Registered
127 Posts
paint should be easy to supply im trying to set one also at our school but the thing is this is my senior year lol and i only have 2 months of school left so try to start it as soon as possible b4 time runs out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i still have 4yrs left so im not in a big hurry. I just want to play badly. But were would a team go? Oklahoma rarely have tourments around the school year. And surrounding schools are small like my school..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its pretty big all ready.. Its in all the other regions across the ocean...

And with the PSP tourments who hasnt heard of Paintball..

·
Registered
127 Posts
lol true but there should be more places to ball and cheaper paint would be nice :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amen. lol Yeah the closest field is like an hour way.. I would make my field but i dont have the land or money..

·
Registered
1 Posts
extremely important

ok i really need names of some schools in michigan that play paintball. i was talking to the staff at my school in brown city michigan and they want to know names of other schools in michigan that plays paintball. I know there has to be some and according to the MHSPA which is the michigan high school paintball association, but their website sucks and it would be really great if u could help me out...............I will even except school names outside of michigan right now Im pretty desperate and rules to the game the school inforced. Thanks. sorry this isn't a reply to your question but i just made this account to ask this question
please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
251 Posts
And with the PSP tourments who hasnt heard of Paintball..
Actually paintball is a very small niche sport, go to the rest of the world(those who do not play paintball) and very few of them will be aware that the sport even exists.

Some thoughts on pitching the idea of a team to your school/school board.

Inmost school districts the administrators and teachers at your school will have to ask the school district and probably your school board for permission to do this so start at the top and pitch your idea to the school board. They should hold regular meetings that are open to the public where anyone can make a proposal to the board or to ask questions. I would recommend that you write up your proposal, submit it to the board ahead and request time during a meeting to discuss the issue.

Your propsal amongst other things should include where you would play, who you would play against, what the rules of the sport are, if the fields are not close how would you transposrt the teams to and from the fields, who will be the advisors/coaches/officials, an estimate of how much each trip to the field will cost and who is going to pay those costs.

Setting aside the insurance part costs is likely to be the biggest problem to overcome. Schools all over the country are hurting for money and finding more in the budgets for a small niche sport like paintball may be difficult if not impossible, so include in your propsal an altrenative method of funding the team one that does not require school district funds.

Having a full set of written rules of the game will be a big plus, those rules should cover every aspect of the games from how they are to be played, to how the winners are decided. Give heavy empahsis to sportsmanship and safety requirements.

Some advice from a member of our local school board. Be as complete and accurate as you can be, but it needs to be short, you may only get 5-10 minutes to make your proposal then be prepared to answer some really tough questions.

Last is how you present yourself. If your written proposal is full of spelling and grammer errors or it is laid out in a random or scatter manor it will not go over very well, asking your teachers or parents for help is a good idea. I would suggest your teachers a student in our school district did this and propsed a water polo league, not only was he succesfull in getting the league started but he got extra credit in several classes for doing it.
When you go before the school board your physical appearance and how well you speak will be important so work on these aspects of your proposal as well.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

G12

1 - 11 of 11 Posts