Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Highschool and paintball

1K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  RatedE4Everyone 
#1 ·
Well, ive been trying for a year now to finally get a paintball club
within my highschool with little to no success, but alas i got a break and the principal has told me that as long as the club has a willing teacher superviser there shouldnt be any problems. right? well to be honest the only way i got the information out of her was to say i wanted to start a club..never mentioned anything about it being about paintball(arent i honest)..but i felt guilty so i sent her an email describing my plans for the club, if it ever happens(which i hope it will)

I stated that the purpose of the club was to inform and educate newer players and people who are interested(since my school has a large paintball fan base) in this awesome sport, right! so i was planning on making the club focus on safety , such as proper equipment care, proper marker care, importance of a mask, and all the other goodies (to tired to type more about safety stuff..), along with tech help on markers and maybe an end of the year paintball trip (had to squeeze that in..;) ) and possibly a team if other schools begin to pick this up and if the interest is strong enough, later on the year.. or next year.

so my cry out to you is suggestions on anything else that should be in this club ..if it gets going, so far it looks good thou so wish me lucl ;).

any suggestions are appreciated , thanks!

p.s sorry about the huge wall of text..and any spelling errors/grammar..

See less See more
#2 ·
I got a club started at my school, the principal loved it, then he left... The next principle, however, is a douche bag and canceled it cause he doesnt like paintball. Make sure the principal knows you are not promoting vandalism.

How bigs your school?

ALso you can get other schools in the area to start a club. Even if they dont get an official club have town vs town scrimmages which shows there is interest in other schools. Have all the teams get together and do rankings and such. Have fundraisers for your teams club so maybe on a weekend the team can go play paintball for a day and do it for cheap and it can be bring a newbie day to introduce people to paintball. That way people dont have to pay a ton of money to try paintball, which usually deters most people from playing. If ya need any help just pm me.

#4 ·
lol thanks guys, our school isnt that grand in scale.. maybe 700-800 kids
and at first my school didnt have it either and still doesnt the principal is
considering it and i need to speak with her again about it, i dont see why
people would use a club to promote vandalism.. how shameful, and ill be sure to
make that clear.

i like the idea of fundraisers and having a newbie day, that would be nice, you know what the kicker is. My school has an official indoor paintball field right across the street, its like god sent me a message to start a paintball club eh ;).

overall thanks for the input, be happy to hear more.

p.s again i apologize for any spelling and grammar handicappedness.

#6 ·
yeah when we tried to make a club everything went fine, the principal liked it and we got a sponser. we even had the school name "green wave paintball." ok so this high school. some kid that was in our club got shot at a walk on we went to and cried. like this is a sophmore.. bauling his eyes out from gettin shot in the god damn leg. his mom called, complained and got the club shut down.. that kid also got his ass kicked and some broken bones thanks to some helpful seniors (yeah our town loves paintball) but my point is, if you make a club, dont let any pussys in.

#7 ·
haha lol i'll keep that in mind, but our club is mainly to show how safe and beginnner friendly it can be..and other things but its also to get our school more active. If we do get a school team going (hopefully) then yes no silly crybabies are gonnna be allowed, even if they make the try-outs and cuts.

Plus i'd rather be in a smaller school then one thats almost in the 1000's.. to much havoc about,gets stressful. and its nice where i live, having a field that is 5mins walking distance away is nice and they have wicked prices, also i have at least 6 more fields 30 mins away from where i live. Life is good.

Still love to here others input on this club

#8 ·
you sir. suck alot. lol just kiddin. the closest field is about a half hour away buy i play in scenario games so i usually go farther. we acually had a cllub meeting today and are making a speedball team. and a scenario/woodsball team. so we have 2 teams fully funded. the players just have to provide paint and as messed up as it sounds, we made enough money to get a 7 man team (speedball) and a 10 mean team(woodsball/scenario) new setups. we cut back and have 20 people in the club. we got the speedball nxt shockers w/ empire bs and crossfire 68/4500
woodsball got full x7's w/ responses and the crossfires. my point is.. FUNDERRAISERS RULE

#9 ·
i sure do:mad: lol, lucky on getting new markers and stuff,
but i dont think the principal of our school would want a team
so im gonna wait until the club has a good amount of members(which shouldnt be that hard) and other schools start picking up on the idea
before i ask thumup:

also if we have fundraisers, we'll probably use the money to pay for paint, since its so darn expensive, and if we do form a speedball team we'd probably just use our current markers,i doubt the school would fund a paintball team, i mean it took 4 months just to get our rugby jerseys...:dodgy: and the school wouldnt pay for it..jerks eh

Still want to here from others! comeon people type things !

#11 ·
tank to some local stores and tell then if you have a fundraiser you will give them money aand tell them your for school to try and get discounts. but you really gotta get t past your principal first. also dont have a huge club bcuz then its disasterious

#13 ·
limiting is not a good idea because if you turn people away it can be challenged that the club is unfair and it can be closed by your schools administration

#14 · (Edited)
yes i know thats true , but if there are too many that are interested
in joining, im afraid our principal will be unwilling to help in transportation
fees to other fields in the area, since most of the members are die hard woodsball
players, the only one close is about 40 mins away, and the field across the street is straight speedball.

Plus that field is incredibly small, and isnt very fun to newer players, so i rather take them to a field that is large with a varity of different types of fields where there are more walk on players ,then a small speedball court where its like 60 by 80 ft...( i may be exaggrating the smallness..) and all the players there are tournament level, Im not saying that they are not new player friendly its just that its very intimidating to face people in jerseys and high end markers and i dont want to detour newer players away if that is going to be their first experience at this great sport.

:)

thanks for the advice thou! stil want to hear more from others.( THAT MEANS YOU!)

#17 ·
lol i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself... i know bad joke

but i agree setting some specific rules will weed out the players who are just there to be there and not to play... fees are a great idea for that. eventually you guys could do like fund raisers so that the guys that stick around may get some of their gear and paint paid for

i highly suggest fund raisers

#18 ·
Dont do too many fund raisers, what my team usually did was selling stuff (like brats, dogs, etc) at a local supermarket. CALL WAL MART! If you get in there its a lot of cash. Usually you sell $200 - $300, then pad it with another $100 or so, then Wal mart will double what you make (so you could get almost $1000 in one day at wal mart, we did it for the boy scouts.) Also plan your fundraisers around others

#19 ·
I started one at my highschool. It wasn't that hard to get started, but we did have one a couple years before. We went on an outing yesterday, had a great time.

If you have any questions or need advice I'm here.

edit- Why is it that the Wisconsin culture thrives around walmart?

#20 ·
i think its a small town thing....here walmart is a sign of moving up in the world :hug:

#23 ·
hmm well we had another highschool try it and apparently it utterly failed
so the principal is beginning to seem doubtful of the idea, also by the time that
i was able to speak to her it was the day after she returned from a meeting on ' how to deal with a student who has a gun'..fudge. So for right now she said she would think about it.. which probably means no, but ill still bug her since i do
have some facilty(spelling..fail?) members who are insterested.

Still want more advice/ideas !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.