• comcast cable

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i suppose im going to get rid of the 36k and move on to bigger and better things

the only ones around me that i know of is verizon dsl, or comcast cable

do tell me which to get, for my interweb knowhow consists of how to connect

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
chromekilla said:
ok, i suppose im going to get rid of the 36k and move on to bigger and better things

the only ones around me that i know of is verizon dsl, or comcast cable

do tell me which to get, for my interweb knowhow consists of how to connect
I jsut got verizon and it roxorz my soxzorz.
It's like 10-20 cheaper than rr in some areas.
Also you get msn premium which is pimp.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Just to be the Devil's Advocate, I'm gonna say Verizon.

I hate Comcast, they offer good service but like to rip people off and show everyone their "Comcast Cares" crap all over Cache Valley. They have a monopoly on the high-speed internet here and no one can help but give their money and rights to their firstborn to Comcast. And with those rates, Comcast can make sure no one comes into Cache Valley to compete.

[/rant]

Go with Comcast. They offer good service and as much as I like Verizon, they should stick to cellular service until they command a loyal following in the ISP market.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
Is RoadRunner in your area Well Time Warner. RR is really good and only costs 36 a month for a year then it goes to like 45. but it is worth it. I can now dl songs and each one only takes about 15 seconds and i dont even own a fast computer.

its a 2k1 emachine stock lol sounds like im talkin bout paintball lol.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
verizon ain't got sh*t on me... 1500kb/s cable:D

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mi madre wants to know what the difference is between cable and dsl

i tell her cable is faster, but that doesnt mean anything to her

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
out of those choices cable, but your bes bet would be to just go to college early and get T3. (or skip college and take a wireless card to get it for free)

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
DSL isn't actually any faster than cable, a lot of people will try to pull that BS.

Cable is a direct line into your house, so therefore any of your neighbors using the same service will get a service outage if the cable ever goes out.

DSL is more finnicky, costs more money (since it is a direct line for just you) and is overrated in speed. Let's take a look:

Cable: caps out at 30 MBPS
DSL: caps out at 10 MBPS

Only thing is that speed with cable depends on local traffic, since you share the connection with your neighbors using the same service. DSL is a direct line, but its lower speed usually doesn't make up for the 20 MBPS difference between the two services.

Another thing that may kill your potential DSL connection is distance from the provider. That means that the farther you are from the facility your Direct Service Line (DSL) connection is, the slower it will be.

tl;dr

Cable > DSL

No matter what people say. Cable taps.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i got comcast cable and its amazing, exept wen the cable goes out that means ur internet is out too...........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts