Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clinton: $5,000 for Every U.S. Baby

My thoughts:
This is a bad idea on soooo many levels.

Just a few points
$5000 doesn't do jack for you if you don't have enough money to raise a baby. Yes this would be money in the form of a bond, but that brings me to my next point...

Where is this money going to come from? Taxes obviously. And who is affected by an increases in taxes the most? The poor. Even if you tax the rich, they are the ones who own businesses, and they will cut wages, cut benefits, and raise prices.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I'm so tired of watching the democrats continuously make people reliant on the government to provide for them. We need to move away from big gov. dammit.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
You know, the liberals are always talking about moving to Canada, but I think Republicans will be joining them if this moron gets into office.

-Jin
In all honesty I think she will be assassinated within a few weeks if she takes office.

And I'm not racist, sexist, none of the fun stuff. But first woman president = bang by some asshole.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
It's not even a woman president thing, it's a dumb wench thing.. At least Bush wanted to do away with Social Security and let people do it on their own.. If you can't handle your own finances, you are FTL.

·
12,110 Posts
You know, the liberals are always talking about moving to Canada, but I think Republicans will be joining them if this moron gets into office.

-Jin
honestly...

What a cutn

EDIT:

Big_balla said:
It's not even a woman president thing, it's a dumb wench thing.. At least Bush wanted to do away with Social Security and let people do it on their own.. If you can't handle your own finances, you are FTL.
qft

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Saying mexican babies makes me think your intelligence isn't up to par.

I hate illegal immigrants, btw. They're the sole reason democrats have a chance of winning elections with their whacked up ideas.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Clinton: $5,000 for Every U.S. Baby

My thoughts:
This is a bad idea on soooo many levels.

Just a few points
$5000 doesn't do jack for you if you don't have enough money to raise a baby. Yes this would be money in the form of a bond, but that brings me to my next point...
I've heard about it, but haven't really read up on it yet. If you believe $5000 isn't enough, would this make more sense or be more acceptable to you if it was more than $5000? What if this was not coming from an increase in taxes?

Where is this money going to come from? Taxes obviously. And who is affected by an increases in taxes the most? The poor. Even if you tax the rich, they are the ones who own businesses, and they will cut wages, cut benefits, and raise prices.
Like I mentioned above, I know next to nothing about this plan so don't take this as an attack but as the question it is: Has it been confirmed she plans on raising taxes to fund this plan? Perhaps she plans on cutting funding for other things in order to make money for this...?

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Saying mexican babies makes me think your intelligence isn't up to par.

I hate illegal immigrants, btw. They're the sole reason democrats have a chance of winning elections with their whacked up ideas.
... Or the fact that something like three quarters of the country are now against the war in Iraq, which will probably be the biggest deciding factor for voters...

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
No, it doesn't mean they have to, but they probably will.

All I was saying is this: To think that illegal immigrants are the "sole reason" a Democrat will be elected is foolish. The Bush Administration has messed up a lot of things in the last 8 years that most citizens want repaired. That's not to say a Democrat will fix them, and I don't think they will, but this is the mind of many.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
I'm so tired of watching the democrats continuously make people reliant on the government to provide for them. We need to move away from big gov. dammit.
QFT

We need to stop sponsoring laziness. I never really realized it until recently how flawed the current system is. BY all means if someone is UNABLE to work we as a society should have compassion enough to help them rather than just let them die, but basically paying for someone to sit at hoke all day and do nothing is ridiculous. I realized how bad the system is set up after working for the IRS. I was a seasonal employee, so after tax season was completed we were all laid-off. I had the option to collect unemployment, but chose to get another job instead. I came to find out later that I would be making MORE money if I had just mooched off the govt., rather than the choice I made to get a job that employs me 25-35hrs a week. I am still happy with the choice I made though, because I know I achieved something when my hard efforts are rewarded.

oh and just out of curiosity where will she be finding the 20 billion a year to support this ludacris idea in a country that is trillions in debt. Oh yeah, more money out of my check....the guy who works for it. Yay hillary!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts