Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've finally reached a point in society where men are equal to women, and whites are equal to black, adn every american is legally equal to each other.

Theres been a lot of talk about Hillary Clinton running for pres in 2008. "Why else would she go through the trouble of becoming a new yorker just to become a senator unless she had bigger ambitions?"

I personally thought clinton was okay, just bcuae I liked some of the things he did, but I also didn't like some of the things (AWB for example).

I think a woman would be even more critical towards those kind of bans. I'mgoing out on a limb to say "a woman would more then a man...". Through 15 years of observation, it does look like the MAJORITY (not all) of women would be more against guns, and a lot of the stuff we were tlaking about in the MRE thread (which brought me to make this thread).

I'm not trying to be sexist, even though it may come off that way.

How many people do you think will just vote for her saying "oh look a woman is running. Wow thats great I'm goign to vote for her reguardless just ebcuase no woman has ever ran before". I think this would be true if an asian, black, or non-caucasion person ran too.

By 2008, I'll be voting, so I'm going to be keepign an eye out even more for candidates and stuff they say and do. They've got to earn my vote.

Theres just a ton more I could say about a female president that I'm not goign to say becuase I dont want to come off as sexist and turn this into a flamepit.

So what do you guys think of hillary? I think we could be looking at another AWB. I'll have about a year to buy my AR's, so I'm all set.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah. I said they are legally equal to one another. I'm sure theres a few exceptions, but where in the world isn't there?

Affirmative ACtion is true, and should be abolished. MY gradnparents did it, not me.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See that's America's problem right there. I wouldn't vote for any democrat.. I jsut find it so hard that a nation can be divided almost literally in half perfectly between people that ALL belive in the same thing, against peopel that ALL believe in the other thing. For me its like twister, I got one foot here one foot there. I believe in the things I feel in my heart adn from my personal experiences are right and wrong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i wouldnt vote for hilary, not because she is a woman but because is a pieice of ****. if a chick can do the job thats fine - hilary isnt it though.

if she wins we willl be ****ed

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
How would you know? I agree with alpha. Im beginning to like you alot lol.

But anyway, they should get rid of the democrat republican partys. And just have people that run. that way it wouldnt be which ever party had the most voters out that day.

·
Paintball = Life
503 Posts
I would not vote for Hillary. She is a bleeding heart liberal just like her hubby. I don't buy her little "Now I'm a conservative Democrat" charade for a second.

I don't vote based on party I vote based on character, political views, beliefs, and record. Which is exactly why I didn't vote for Kerry. If another Democrat (there are a few senators and congressmen that I cannot remember the names of) that reflects what I believe were to run then I would vote for them.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Alpha said:
See that's America's problem right there. I wouldn't vote for any democrat.. I jsut find it so hard that a nation can be divided almost literally in half perfectly between people that ALL belive in the same thing, against peopel that ALL believe in the other thing. For me its like twister, I got one foot here one foot there. I believe in the things I feel in my heart adn from my personal experiences are right and wrong.
AMEN ALPHA! thumup:

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I jsut dont see how you can be 100% republican, or 100% die hard Democrat.

This kind of thing is what causes civil war, and death on a major scale. Granted it probably own't get any worse then it is now (I hope), its getting pretty bad.

I can't voice my opinion in any other class then my ROTC class (becuase we have a respect policy in there). If I tried to debate in my history class, my liberal teacher would shoot me down, and when I made another point, eric would shoot me down, then the french anti-american emo kid next to me would say somethign adn I'd leave the room with a lump in my throat and the label as being just another gung ho I want to kille verythign I see with WMD's conservative REPUBLICAN.

I am not. I'm an American, and I will die an American. I believe in the things that are right, and I know they are right. Not ebcuase some stupid 200 year old consitution says its right, but becuase its moral for todays society. I bet if I wasn't saying "I'm not a republican " so much, everyone would label me as one. But would you expect me to want to legalize weed? To be for abortion? You can clal me a liberal conservative, but all in all, I'm an American, and I believe in what I know is right, not what some guy on TV tells me is right.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Alpha said:
How many people do you think will just vote for her saying "oh look a woman is running. Wow thats great I'm goign to vote for her reguardless just ebcuase no woman has ever ran before". I think this would be true if an asian, black, or non-caucasion person ran too.
a woman has ran befor but didnt make it

1 - 20 of 104 Posts