Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnouEGn7So

is it just me or does this totally look like they copied the rotor but did it in a way to avoid patent infringement?

Well, considering the price they may have paid dye for use of some of those

Ans has them at $200 right now

on a side note, how to you embed the video in a post?

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya that is kind of strange, its got the double stack going on like the rotor but it all spins in the same direction.

I cant put my finger on why but i still dont really like HK, I know they make some good stuff its just maybe I feel like they are going after the tourny wanabes too hard so I associate that with them idk.

every time they release something im just like on that verge of liking it but i still dont

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
If you ever meet HK in person you can make an even better assessment of them. Suffice to say, the promote a lifestyle that the younger generation aspires to be, and the older generations roll their eyes at.

The are what they are. I don't hold too much against it, but it's certainly not for me.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Before reading anything after the first post, I was going to say "Mr. H" seems like the guy I hate but would like him when he isn't putting on a show. Kind of like a professional wrestler. Hopper looks good though.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess Im still waiting on them to make something that doesnt follow in another products footsteps, pretty much everything I have seen from them basically takes after another, already produced product from another company

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
in some cases yes in some cases no

take the rail and the g series for example, both unbalanced spools but thats about it, they shoot different, look different, feel different etc etc

granted I have not seen any hk stuff in person but pretty much everything from them looks like they copied and pasted it from something else

rotor and spire accomplish the same task but they look very different, at a casual glance you could mistake this HK as a rotor, their mask is pretty close to the i4

if you are going to copy something at least have your own style about it

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I think that the KLR mask and this hopper are fairly unique to HK. the hopper has some stuff on it that we've never seen before.

the mask had issues, though. It seems like the quality control was very poor with them, though. Some were literally falling apart on the field.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that the KLR mask and this hopper are fairly unique to HK. the hopper has some stuff on it that we've never seen before.
like what? the tool-less lid removal is the only thing i can see but dye is also doing that with the R2, new sure but not unique to HK. Runs on 2 batteries? ok, sure but what does that really change?

am i missing anything?

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
the elevator system as in the spring loaded ramp? dye did that in the R1, only difference is in the TFX its in front of the carousel

whats different about the tension system? I would kind of assume it would have to be unique to this drive train but so is every single other one out there. They all put tension on the ball stack and any good loader it is adjustable in, does this do something different?

The only thing I see that is on this that is not currently on anything else out there is that it comes with a hard case, everything on the hopper itself is already done elsewhere and most of it by dye, I mean they even directly copied the way the R1 comes apart, locking tab under the lid and a push button to release the two halves

I really think HK has potential they just have to stop following other companies and make their own path

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Haha, we're already calling it the R1? Sure they implemented a spring loaded ramp, but the elevator that HK has actually extends the capability to hold balls more than the rotor, or even the spire.

Have we seen a loader with an adjustable ball tension device? The rotor doesn't hold tension against the stack, nor does the spire. The prophecy and halo do, but it's not adjustable without complete dis-assembly of the hopper.

I forgot that the Rotor2 has a removable lid as well. Since they released at the same time, how can you say that they copied it, though?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts