Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I'm not really sure that holds tension. If you notice he said in the video that it has less tension but slows down the hopper. Same way with the Rotor, turn down the speed and there is less tension. Who knows until people actually gets their hands on one.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I'm not really sure that holds tension. If you notice he said in the video that it has less tension but slows down the hopper. Same way with the Rotor, turn down the speed and there is less tension. Who knows until people actually gets their hands on one.
The rotor tension screw changes the amount of force that is required to deactivate the motor gear. This is why the early rotors were blenders. Poeple got them and didn't know about this screw; DYE had them cranked to the highest tension setting from the factory.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Haha, we're already calling it the R1? Sure they implemented a spring loaded ramp, but the elevator that HK has actually extends the capability to hold balls more than the rotor, or even the spire.
it works the same in both, if neither had it you would get balls stuck at the back of the rotor and in that dip in the TFX, if you designed them so those areas were flat in the TFX or slanted in the rotor you wouldnt get balls stuck but you would have less capacity in both

Have we seen a loader with an adjustable ball tension device? The rotor doesn't hold tension against the stack, nor does the spire. The prophecy and halo do, but it's not adjustable without complete dis-assembly of the hopper.
do you know how a rotor works martix? the entire system works off the tension on the ball stack, that is why there is no sensor like eyes or ears. If it didnt hold tension on the stack it would not work at all. next time you have your hands on one load some paint in, put your finger over the feedneck and turn it on, then turn it off and remove your finger, paint will still fire out because it has tension on the stack, something like the pinokio if you did this sure the paint would fall out but that would be because of gravity, heck, do it upside down

I forgot that the Rotor2 has a removable lid as well. Since they released at the same time, how can you say that they copied it, though?
the TFX copies the original rotors shell not the new one, locking tab under the lid, push button to release

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
o wow, I have been talking about the shell this whole time not the lid

they copied the rotos shell design, both dye and HK came out with the removable lid though, so you are correct on that, they could not have copied it but its also not unique to them

21 - 26 of 26 Posts