Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the number of copies sold for the books The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, and the trilogy and I need them. Help a brotha out.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
O i thought this was a quiz. I swear i read each book including the similarion and the history of middle earth a total of like 18 books about 4 times each. Im the biggest lord of the rings fan ever. Im not a geek its just the only book series i like reading just because its so cool.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
NUMBERS

3,500 -- Initial print run of The Fellowship of the Ring. Publishers thought demand would not be great.

100,000 -- Number of paperback copies an American bootleg version of The Lord of the Rings sold in 1965 alone.

100 million -- As of 2001, estimated number of copies sold of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, making them the most popular fiction in the world.

40 -- Number of languages The Lord of the Rings has been translated into.

3 to 10 -- Factor by which book sales have increased with the hype from The Lord of the Rings film, despite fears from the Tolkien family.

$273 million -- Estimated budget of the three films of The Lord of the Rings. The Fellowship of the Ring opens Wednesday. The Two Towers comes out in December 2002. We'll have to wait till December 2003 to see how it all ends in The Return of the King.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
chromekilla said:
ohh reallyyy

i have Sting, and its scabbard

do you?

yes sir, its something to brag about.......

haha yes. Also Im getting arigorns sword. The flame of the west for xmas. And if you have memorized all 3 movies and can resite quotes easily and get another sword and get autographs from 3 main charectars then u can talk. My freind acctually has more stuff but I know more knoedge. Also if your sword wasnt made by united cutlery or made in toledo spain. Its crap :)

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Haha. i can own in LOTR, FOTR, TTT, And the similarion. The histories of middle earth is a bit harder. because its long. but i can name most of arigorns bloodline.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
GEEK

lol, while i lub my lord of teh rings, star wars is the love of my life

from now on

FIKI is the leading LOTR geek, with me bing a 2nd in command

I shall be the leading star wars geek, with i believe it is JIN being my co-captian/2nd in command

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
chromekilla said:
lol, while i lub my lord of teh rings, star wars is the love of my life
from now on
FIKI is the leading LOTR geek, with me bing a 2nd in command
I shall be the leading star wars geek, with i believe it is JIN being my co-captian/2nd in command
medic and I are belgariad nerds if you like lotr you'll love this. search my belgariad thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts