Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the bottom of my gun yesterday under the grip frame, and noticed a little hole behind the brass screw that holds the valve in. What is this hole for? As best I can figgure its a pressure relief hole for excess pressure to bleed off the striker after you fire. Am I right? If so could this hole be pluged? Would it cause problems. I would think this could go along way to cureing the re-cock problems we have. I could thread it really quickly and put a set screw it it for testing, so if no one has tried this yet I will.
Ross

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO one else? Can it be pluged or not?
Ross

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since no one has done this I went ahead and did it. Before I did this my gun had 1 or 2 failures to re-cock per hopper. Very irritating! All I did was runa 6-32 tap in to the hole(hole is already the correct size) then put soem Loc-Tite on a set screw and pluged it up. No more failures to re-cock after 1 hopper. It did sorta burp once though, but only for 3-5 cycles then caught, and Im not exactly sure whyit did, probably cause I have a nickel behind my little bumper thing in my trigger and the sear didnt catch correctly, need to change to a penny. But So far this has helped my gun a lot.
Ross

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
hmm this could be dangerous. if too much pressure gets in you'll be shooting hot. I'd take it to you local field and crono a hopper full of paintballs just to make sure. be sure the conditions for co2 leaking in are good when you do it otherwise you'll never know for sure.

the onyl other thing i can think of is that because of the increased pressure you might blow a couple O rings...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Not a good idea, for this reason. When that hammer comes forward, the air b/n the hammer & valve needs to escape so the hammer can go full speed. If you plug it, that should slow the hammer down, decreasing velocity, or if it goes slow enough, the gun will burp.

its like trying to blow a ball down a straw, and then plugging up the other end, its baaaad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts