Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow painters. I was asked an interesting question the other day. Mom came in and asked "What do you want for Christmas?" Good question. I just got interested in paintball this summer so I don't have much in the way of upgrades. My 98 custom is just as it was as it came out of the box. So I'm asking you for a rec player who does a little woodsball and a little xball what should I say. I was thinking of getting a custom barrel. Any suggestions? Or should I just ask for a gift card to the local store so I can get more paint.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I know this is going to sound kind of boring but if you don't have any paintball pants I'd ask for those or a decent agitated/forcefeed hopper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any suggestion as to what to look for in terms of pants? Also can you suggest a hopper that won't break the bank? When I bought my standard hopper it was either that or a $120 hopper so I'm kinda hoping for some thing in between there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm interested in a jersey but I'd like one I could wear in the woods. It's not like I need to blend in at the local indoor field. Any idea where I should look for a good set?

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
worry about clothing when the stuff your wearing starts ripping.

honestly, the best idea with a 98 is to keep it stock (barrel at most) so go for a good hopper and swich to hpa

as for a hopper look into a VL eye force. if that is too much for your mom look into a J&J ceramics barrel ($30) somewhere in the 12-16 inch range

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the list I think I'll give her:
VL ViewLoader Revolution Eye Force Loader :: VL Viewloader Loaders :: Hoppers & Loaders :: e-Paintball.com
-VL Viewloader Eye-Force Motorized Loader – Camo $59.98

J&J - JJ Ceramic Barrel - One Piece :: JJ Barrels :: Barrels & Accessories :: e-Paintball.com
-J&J Ceamic barrel (mom I have a 98 and 14” is my preferred length if camo is offered it is preferable) $29.00

Invert SE 08 Pants, Jersey & Gloves - Christmas Special :: Paintball Pants :: Apparel :: e-Paintball.com
-This is a pants, jersey, glove combo you know my size I like it in woodland camo this deal is $99.95

Do you guys have any suggestions (better prices, better equipment, etc.) Since the clothing is most expensive I don't really expect them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get a response trigger and a cyclone feed hopper and the little adapter to put them together. Oh and a better barrel and maybe a stock. Depending on how much your mom will spend. If not ask for money from everyone and add it up to splurge. I'm new to paintball but thats what I did to my 98c. Oh and don't worry about clothes unless you are gay.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
never put a cyclone on a 98. get a good force feed hopper instead, the forcefeed hopper will be more reliable and break less paint that a cyclone, not to mention it can go onto whichever marker you get next

looks like a good list you have up there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts