Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ever heard of Labyrinth? I recently bought another of their CD's (self-titles) and Andrea Cantarelli is literally one of the best guitarists I have ever had the pleasure to hear. In the opening song "The Prophet", near to the end of the track, he has a solo followed by a half-solo where Mattia Stancioiu joins in on the drums and it - is - incredible! He has at least one shining moment in every single track on the album and, in my opinion, is one great guitarist. Here is "The Prophet":

http://mp3.centurymedia.com/Labyrinth_TheProphet_Labyrinth.mp3

You know the drill, right click, Save Target As, etc.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have return to heaven denied and it kicks serious ass. I'll havta pick up their S/T album sometime. Great guitar player. Also check out Herman Li of Dragonforce. That guy is IMO the most energetic guitar player's of our time. He's faster than Yngwie, Stach, and Vai.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, Li definatly has the ability to play his heart out. In a lot of the Dragonforce songs, he's kind of pushed back though. I'd prefer he'd be lead instrument but Dragonforce still has the ability to spit out amazing songs. (I own "Valley of the Damned" and am buying "Sonic Firestorm" on the 13th.)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dude.. that's was pretty sick

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone else has the CD, he has another great one in "Slave to the Night"

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
nothing incredible to me. thats what I hear every day when my dad plays. just...my dad is better. and no im not just trying to be e-cool. Not like all the my dad could beat up your dad. but my dad kicks serious ass. He's played with some people who made it pretty big. not HUGE but big. in law school the drummer in his band was pete pollock. he plays big with someone in las vegas or something. Then another of his friends is Andy Most. he goes on tour in nashville a lot. Also my dad has played with Roger Mcguinn.....he played on of my dads guitars. I'll post a picture

*edit* nevermind. the band broke up after my dad left the band and noone would book them anymore. ha.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
jacobeid said:
nothing incredible to me. thats what I hear every day when my dad plays. just...my dad is better. and no im not just trying to be e-cool. Not like all the my dad could beat up your dad. but my dad kicks serious ass. He's played with some people who made it pretty big. not HUGE but big. in law school the drummer in his band was pete pollock. he plays big with someone in las vegas or something. Then another of his friends is Andy Most. he goes on tour in nashville a lot. Also my dad has played with Roger Mcguinn.....he played on of my dads guitars. I'll post a picture

*edit* nevermind. the band broke up after my dad left the band and noone would book them anymore. ha.
Tell your dad to form a metal band immediatley if he really is that good.

Also, sound bite or shenanigans!!! (Sorry but I sincerely doubt your dad is really better than him. Anyone that good could immediatly land a spot on thousands of bands.)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i know its hella old, but is that the singer from Dream Theater?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Hypnotize said:
You think thats good? Just listen to system of a down. This is pretty ****in good though.
u have apparently never heard a truly great guitarist. damn newb.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts