Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sucks, they probably rented or borrowed that car.

If they mean the dead mans road on mulhuload drive, i have driven it many times, and it is very hard.

In the intro they said the 0-60 on the viper is 4.6 I kinda found that funny because BMW M5's and Caddilac STS-V's (w.e. it is) go that fast, and they are full sized sedans.

I havent seen it though.

·
1,751 Posts
That is an older Viper, so it is not as quick as the new ones. Plus the M5 is a midsize sedan and the CTS-V is a small sedan. Both pack large engines that put out quite a bit of horsepower. So they keep up with the older sports cars.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Believe me, that Viper is faster than an M5 or CTS-V. I'm faster than a CTS-V and my uncles 450hp 1994 RT/10 is as fast or faster than me (The RT/10 is heavier than the GTS too). The estimate they give there is on the high side. Anyway, that vid was posted here twice already I think.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
The reason that the Cadillac CTS can beat a Viper in a 0-60, is because a Viper will never hook up unless you baby it off the line. Correct me if I'm wrong Dooms but Im damn sure thats the reason why. Once it hooks up though, its gone.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
That's part of it, most people can't drive it quick off the line. It has a lot of torque in a very light package. The rear likes to walk left or right, which will reduce 0-60 a lot if your fishtailing around. Especially if you don't warm the tires up a lot first. Like I said though, that number they give is on the high side of things, most data I have seen puts it around 4.0 0-60 and a 12.2-12.4 quarter. Based on running my uncles Viper against my car I would say that is pretty accurate, like I said he beats me and I am faster than the CTS-V.

·
Registered
363 Posts
the prob is that the chassis is to big to corner properly, line racing would be different but no muscle car is designed to go around corners, that had to suck though......... kinda funny none the less...........

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
lol. Yea the ferrari Technically won. Since it didnt crash. :rolleyes:

But the viper was ahead... before it crashed :dodgy:

So the answer is Slydog :sly:

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
ya... i'd prolly say oh **** too if i ran my viper off the road.

but it technically wasn't fair cause the ferrari was ahead and then he gunned it, starting the race, so the ferrari had a start further ahead.

·
see you at the 50
446 Posts
darkdragon said:
the prob is that the chassis is to big to corner properly, line racing would be different but no muscle car is designed to go around corners, that had to suck though......... kinda funny none the less...........
please don't try to tell me that vipers cannot handle or corner properly. That crash was completely driver error as he locked up the brakes, and again, old vid.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
auto maggot said:
please don't try to tell me that vipers cannot handle or corner properly. That crash was completely driver error as he locked up the brakes, and again, old vid.
Ya, agreed. Whoever said muscle cars can't go around corners is obviously uneducated...wait till I find that video...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts