Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im shopping for a home theater projector for my tv/xbox/movies. anyone know if there is a Forum or chat place i can go to get lots of info about projectors?

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
projectors are ridiculously expensive if im not mistaken. my dad got one for free from his office but it couldnt be used because the light bulb blew and it costs i think 10,000$ to replace.

anyway, we were going to build a home theater in my basement if the projector worked, but it didnt so that never happened :\

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Tom's Hardware.com had a guide where they made one from a used LCD monitor and an overhead projector. The unit itself wasn't much to look at the but picture looked good and the price was right. And the bulbs are cheap.

·
1,751 Posts
Don't skimp when you buy one. If you drop 1k on a crappy used one you will regret it later on. Go looking for a nicer used model, also make sure you research how much the bulbs for the model you are looking at cost, as they can very quite a bit(200-600 or so).

Personal expirience: Boxlights SUCK. Ours ended up blowing about 5 bulbs in a year or two, we had to send the projector into their facory three times I beleive. On the upside, they were quite helpful and even shipped us a brand new upgraded model on the last time we shipped it in.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Just spend your money on a nice TV.

I had people over for halo and a guy brought a projector and set it up so that it was on my wall. It's kinda cool to play with like foot tall spartans, but after the first min you hate it because it's pixilation is so huge it's not even funny. You cant see crap.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
chromekilla said:
Just spend your money on a nice TV.

I had people over for halo and a guy brought a projector and set it up so that it was on my wall. It's kinda cool to play with like foot tall spartans, but after the first min you hate it because it's pixilation is so huge it's not even funny. You cant see crap.
VERY true my friends dad that owns soundwaves has one we played xbox on it was ok but i would rather play on a regular tv. this kid is crazy he has 4 HUGE plasma tv's in his house sweet entertainment system speakers everywhere in his house and outside he has about 5/6 tv/computer monitors in his basement just sitting there

i think im gonna rob him

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I played madden on a projector at church once....... it was great. Hope fully we will do it this weekend, but only if you can hook a ps2 up and play it thru a labtop.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts