Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway i can hook a home stereo system to my comp?

i got about 5 speakers, the sub and the reciever

thanks

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
well it depends what kind of wire the speakers use. i was able to hook my older brother's stereo for his computer to my cd player. it has to have either the same speaker plug computer ones do or a USB speaker. my guess would be no, because its a Home one. check the plug and tell me what it looks like (or a picture mabye?)

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the speakers -> reciever use standard speaker wire

the reciever -> TV, VCR whatever use standard red/white input jacks

maybe an adapter?

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
if there is a spot that says In/Out then yes, you can do it.

you plug the speakers into the reciever. Then you buy a cord with red and white (i forget the damn name) and you extend it to your computer. Then you buy an adapter that looks goes from 2 plugs to 1. i also forget what this is. The 1 plug will go into the comptuer.

the other end will go into the spot that says OUT.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the red/white wires called? Standard RCA Jacks? and computer speakers use 1/8" right?

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
theunforgiven said:
Is mine the same, if not whered you pickup yours??

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I have an AVR (audio/visual receiver) and a cord that goes from the headphone jack to the RCA plugs (not an adapter, an actual 5' cord), and I put that in the AUX input on the AVR. then hook the speakers up to the AVR. I have 2 of the big 3' 3-way cabinets and 2 of those speakers that usually come with those cd/radio sets you get from wal-mart

·
Registered
45 Posts
It also depends on the type of sound card you have in your computer. If you have just the standard soundblaster-16 compatible, then yeah, youll need an 1/8"->RCA adapter and plug the 1/8" into the 'Audio-Out' jack on your soundcard.
If, on the other hand, you have a sound card that supports multiple channels (which you will need to get the best use out of having a surround sound speaker setup), then you'll need to get more than one adapter, and have each channel from the reciever plugged into the correct channel on the soundcard.

Of course, I could always be wrong...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts