Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Hahaahahaha ill post some of my college stats homework and wait for the 12yr olds to make this face ----> :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Hey in science today we were learning about the electron configuration spectrum and im a little confused. Im not sure becuase we dipped copper chloride wire i believe it was in an assortment of chemicals and and put them over the bunsen burner and they turned pretty colors. Im sopposed to right a one page report on how the electron configuration affects the light of a chemical and im kind of lost in my own thoughts can anyone help

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
2+2=?

I've been stuck on this one for hours,I'm really frustrated.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Pink paint said:
Hey in science today we were learning about the electron configuration spectrum and im a little confused. Im not sure becuase we dipped copper chloride wire i believe it was in an assortment of chemicals and and put them over the bunsen burner and they turned pretty colors. Im sopposed to right a one page report on how the electron configuration affects the light of a chemical and im kind of lost in my own thoughts can anyone help
Wasn't a platinum wire with some sort of handle on it? That should be the thing for flame tests since it doesn't interfere.

You dip the wire into a sample of a solution, and then put it in the flame. The flame will turn to a certain color until the solution is burned off, then you clean the wire and repeat with the next one.

The flame excites the electrons and moves them to higher energy levels. As they move back to their normal 'ground' state some of the excess energy is given off as light. Each element will give off a different color of the spectrum- Copper gives a greenish color, sodium has a yellow flame, others have their own distinct colors as well.

Same as a fireworks show really. The colors are made the same way- burning small flakes of certain metals.

You can do the experiment with a pickel soaked in a salt solution and then electrocuting it. Kids like that one as well.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
EverLong said:
What does the rough endoplasmic reticulum do in a cell?
It transports proteins, the roguh endoplasmic is ribosomes attached to the reticulum IIRC

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
shock_force said:
cause im supposed to be on page 160 and im on page 41...... test on friday

SPARKNOTES.COM.........

1 - 20 of 92 Posts