Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just know im gonna get flamed for this but oh well:
i was just wondering why everybody is so damn homophobic...
im not saying that im not either btw, i just try not to be. but why are people like that? it seems the natural thing for people to do most of the time. i think it must be because the last generation was a lot less tolerant of gays, and thats just the way we were raised. but most people dont even make an effort to be more tolerant. any opinions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah i agree. The term "gay" is being used as an insult much more than as its real meaning. Even though I don't aprove of gays, I try to keep the insults down to a minumum. Sorry if this is offensive to anyone(ive seen many religous threads) but in the bible I belive there is parts that touch on being gay. I dont think it is aproved by God, but im not sure.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good, good, the first reasonable post here.
my mom believes the same thing. she says shes not homophobic, but that they should try to suppress their feelings. recent studies show that being gay is not a choice though, its just the way they are. if this is true, then it could be impossible for gay people to "suppress" these tendencies.

·
Registered
687 Posts
that is correct!!!1 being gay is a mental illness. I"m insane and I'm not gay.

·
Jewstin
4,341 Posts
i was just doing that to joke around here is my real view:

i'm homophobic but not to the point to where if i see one i insult the hell outta them. But you would never find me hanging out with a gay guy. and ya i agree "gay" is being used more as a insult

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay, good to know remix.

yes, it supposedly is a mental illness. its like lack of testoterone (sp?) in the brain or sumtin. or an an imbalance.
but nobody has given much answer to why people tend to be so intolerant of gays.

btw, i find it interesting that its harder for someone to admit that their gay, than for someone to admit that their homophobic.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
im a homophobe because Gays are wrong and discusting. Gay men are givin a bad rep but they also bring it on them selfs. I mean look at tv today. There are crap shows like queer eye for the straight guy and that other reality one. They act...'gay' and that is what makes people hate them. I pound gays in the butt verbally because they like it in the butt physically.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, for one there didnt seem to be any interesting threads going on, and i was sure this would be controversial. and my school is sort of teaching us to be tolerant.
secondly, i just thought about, and there didnt seem to be a good natural reason for people being homophobic.
good enough answer for you penguin?

oh, and bubba pointed out something i didnt notice b4: the media seems to be giving gays a bad name by making them out to be all perverts and stuff. Plus all the people nowadays who do the same thing. i do admit tho that gay people act kind of wierd a lot of the time, but many do not; ive met gay people who i had absolutely no idea were gay until i was told. actually that only happened once, but u get the point.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I don't like gays, but I don't go around insulting them or beating them up or anything. I think it's wrong, but hey, there's not much I can do about it. I do think though, that there may be two types of gays. One might be those who choose to be, the other (a smaller percent) may be the lack/imbalance of testosterone. I mean, there are plenty of gays who are muscular, or not wimps, and have deep voices, etc. They chose to be gay. It's obvious. Then there are those who when you see/hear them, you think "They gotta be half woman or something." THAT could be from an imbalance. Yet, it is still so...unnatural. I don't want to turn this into a religion thread (cuz then we will all be banned) so let's just say man evolved. Nature did everything. Just agree with me here for a second. If this is the case, then gays are unnatural. Right? Because in nature, the purpose would be to keep your species going. And being gay would mean no offspring. So from that view, gays are unnatural and it is their choice.

I don't know, like I said, I hardly agree with gays, but I can't do much, and I mean, they ARE human, so I should treat them like a human regardless of their sexuality. But I just don't agree with them.

~Jinjiro

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I'm not homophobic, and I have nothing against gays. I do however disagree w/ it. I had a 2 hour argument just trying to explain why I didn't agree w/ it to my friend...I went through evolution and how it is a mental "illness" therefore not RIGHT. But she kept saying you can't hate someone for an illness, and I kept saying I don't. "Do you support people who kill because they are ill? No. You shouldn't SUPPORT it then." She kept trying to tell me I was wrong, then I told her she was being close minded and not actually listening to what I had to say and just saying why it was wrong of me to think that. Just because she is liberal/somewhat hippyish, she got pissed off. Why is that liberals can't be close minded, when everyone else can?

By the way, just because we have VERY different views, I am still good friends w/ her. She now calls me a homophobe (when I'm not) and we have a laugh about it...I guess.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i say **** and *** all the time at my house cz it bothers my sister czu she has friends thaat are gay but im homphobic if her gay friends came over iw oudl just go hide n my room haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dissagree with there life style period. If I have to tollerate thier life style that means I have to tollerate a pedophile. They are ones who love children the way a husband and wife love each other. You can't argue with me on this one either. I had a professer who holds a PHD in phsycology who used to work with them as well as the children of such cases. She also said that alot of Phycs. out there are saying that it is ok for children to have sex with adults as long as the child does not say no. Sorry, I do not hate people that have these lifestyles but sure do not agree nor condone. The Saint.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bubbajr. said:
I pound gays in the butt.
Someone sig this, now.

But i dont really think its wrong, i mean its their lifestyle choice and as long as they dont bother me I'm not going to harrass them.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
since everybody simply tries to tolerate gays (as well as me), and mebe only one person has come close to answering my question, mebe this thread should just die b4 this becomes a flame war.

btw zero; i am not hiding anything. i am straight. i said i was homophobic, just trying not to be. i date girls. besides, wouldnt be pretty stupid if i was trying to hide being gay and start a thread like this? now stop being an @$$.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.