Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone whose school or work uses SonicWALL, PaintballForum.com may be unblocked for you in the next few days. It had been blocked at my school by the filter under the categories 'Weapons', 'Art/Entertainment', and 'Games'. None of which really fit. So I submitted to them a nice long reason as to why it should be changed from those to merely 'Sports/Recreation', including a link to a website showing that paintball has the lowest injuries of any extreme sport.

Here's the e-mail I received:

"Dear Customer:

You submitted the following rating request to SonicWALL CFS Support:
Rate paintballforum.com as "44.Sports/Recreation" at 2006-02-16 06:25:02.907

The request has been reviewed and rated as:
"44.Sports/Recreation" at 2006-02-16 07:28:02.110

You should see this rating change reflected within 1 to 3 business days.

Thank you for your request,
SonicWALL CFS Support"

So hopefully with it rated under the new category it may (or may not) be unblocked, depending on what your school has allowed categorically.

-Jinjiro

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
all u gotta do is put a dash between paintball and forum and it gets unblocked been doin that for 2 years and we have sonic wall

i hate sonic cause it like has blocked every web based proxy i kno which is alot damn them

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Huntin Dawg said:
u can get around this if u translate paintball forum from english to english. this worked at my skool for other things
That worked for a while, then SonicWALL updated their block list and it no longer works for PBF.

-Jin

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
ours uses Saint Benard or something like that. Only thing it blocks is like e-mail an ebay an stuff. Use proxys to get around it tho.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
We found out that our school used the first 2 letters of your last name grad year then your alpha number. easiest thing you could use. so mine was something like FO04043 so my last names forney I grad in 04 and my name is the 43rd in the class. the hard part was figuring out the teachers. The teachers could get through anything on the internet and had access to most of the teaching stuff. the grade books ect were all in a seperate account. with the teachers they just used first two of last name and then birthday like FO09131985. wanna talk about newbs? you can "hack" into there entire system without doing any hacking at all. lets just say the RnD guy wasn't exactly well paid.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You think that's bad? How about our school's sever admin name was 'Admin' and the password was 'Aquinas' (our school's name).

Yeah, we had some fun with that, until the kid who figured it out started getting into bank account information and important stuff like that. We turned him in because he was getting really stupid with the power.

-Jinjiro

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Jinjiro said:
You think that's bad? How about our school's sever admin name was 'Admin' and the password was 'Aquinas' (our school's name).

Yeah, we had some fun with that, until the kid who figured it out started getting into bank account information and important stuff like that. We turned him in because he was getting really stupid with the power.

-Jinjiro
I used to be a T.A. in middle school for the tech. teacher and his name server was "Reinhart" (his lastname) and the password was tech. You have no idea how funny it was shutting people program's off when they were trying to work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts