Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
i'm buying a 12 revvy. there cheap. and i saw an upgrade to make it sound activated. like the empire reloader b's. so i hear that is. the upgrade is about 25. but i'd say go with the revvy. for the cost its a good hopper and can feed decent.

·
Registered
754 Posts
you can get them at wal-mart...well at my wal-mart. ebay has them used for cheap. they arent hard on batteries which is good. i think the clear ones pop more than the plain black. but if you can find a smoke colored one. id go with that. you can see how much paint you have easier and the other team cant as easy from the distance. i'm gonna get a smoke one if i can find one

·
Registered
754 Posts
i wouldnt want to put it on there. but some people anti syphon it and think its fine. if i ever pay more than like 150 for a marker i'm puttin hpa on that sum ***** i'd get some hpa if i were you.my tank is a 48/3000 i got for 40 dollars. anything will work hpa really

·
Registered
629 Posts
For cheap (50 or less) you can get a Halo TSA, works well for an Ion, but not much higher.

CO2 is bad for the Ion

·
Registered
754 Posts
if you want a nicer hopper than a revvy look at either a richochet rhino or a richochet AK. they look HAWT and there not too expensive. the AK has ball sensors like an egg. its basically the cheapest force fed hopper i've found, and the rhino is the ak without sensors. there pretty cheap and will do the job. try looking at steel or alluminum tanks. i think thats what there made of. i'd say like a 68/4500 if you could find it.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
DragonFire0729 said:
For cheap (50 or less) you can get a Halo TSA, works well for an Ion, but not much higher.
Or you could get a Revvy for 30 which feeds the same rate...

I would go with a revvy if you don't have much to spend. If you have 100 bucks to spend on a hopper, get a Halo B. They are very fast and are made pretty well.

PaintBallBryan - no Richochet is true force feed. They are agitating hoppers, no different than a revvy. The AK doesn't detect paintballs like an egg does. Eggs have eyes, a Richochet AK has a little nub inside the feed tube and whenever a paintball moves past the nub, it agitates, pushing paintballs towards the feed tube. The Richochet Rhino agitates constantly, which is loud and will eat away at the battery pretty quickly...especially for only being able to feed 10bps.

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
i would go w/ a halo tsa. imo they look cooler then revvies but either are suffuciant

man there should be an ion sticky somewhere, so many ion threads

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
[QUOTE="TheAmerican"24]Is there any websites where i can get a tank for $40 dollars[/QUOTE]

if you are talking about an hpa tank than no. you would have to find it used for that amount

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
You can get a used 48/3000 steel tank for around 50 bucks on ebay usually. I would highly suggest that over using co2 on an ion

·
Number One Target
373 Posts
I use a revy on my Ion and it seems to do alright. It doesnt fedd super fast but if you are just playing rec speed you dont need anything much faster then 10Bps anyway.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
You're really going to wish that you had spent that money towards a truly competent hopper...

I just got a Halo B w/ Rip from Warped Sportz KC off of Ebay for $115 shipped, and it arrived in 2 days. You should too. PM me if you need a link.

·
Registered
263 Posts
[QUOTE="TheAmerican"24]A Stock Ion, What type of hopper would you reccomned? Thanks[/QUOTE]

That depends on your playing style. If you play speedball then you need fast!!! Halo-B
If you play elimination or rec ball something around 15bps is fine. I have the Halo TSA-LCD and it rocks! Also have the Halo-B, but my son uses that one, I like the TSA. Only $50.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts