Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Hoppers suggestions

2K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  manspaintball 
#1 ·
I have an Alpha Black with just a plain hopper on it. I've been looking at the Cyclone Feeder and the Halo Invert. What one would you guys recommend?

#26 ·
Indeed
Needing to buy an upgrade as soon as you buy something (in this case, the Cyclone and soft paddles) is a testament to the quality of the item you're purchasing.

Halo Too will be the better overall hopper
And even if you're not shooting 20+ bps, it will feed super consistently at slow speeds

#27 ·
As long as you aren't using super brittle tourney grade paint or trying to fire at crazy speeds the Cyclone works fine. It's only when people try to make their Tippmann keep up with the electro guys and start adding Egrips and aftermarket boards and things like that that the Cyclone starts to be a really poor loader. As a loader for a recball mech marker the Cyclone keeps up and works just fine you pull the trigger and it makes sure a ball is ready to go and I don't recall ever seeing one jam. The only complaint I have against it is that it is only good for Tippmann markers. For a lot of casual players a Tippmann might be the only marker you ever buy or use but as the number of upgrade parts for Tippmanns show many players do want something different and sooner or later they buy it and that Cyclone wont be good for anything and it certainly wont add to the resale value. A good forcefeed loader is something that will just make your entire playing experience exponentially better now and in the future.

#29 ·
As long as you aren't using super brittle tourney grade paint or trying to fire at crazy speeds the Cyclone works fine. It's only when people try to make their Tippmann keep up with the electro guys and start adding Egrips and aftermarket boards and things like that that the Cyclone starts to be a really poor loader. As a loader for a recball mech marker the Cyclone keeps up and works just fine you pull the trigger and it makes sure a ball is ready to go and I don't recall ever seeing one jam.
but the point is you dont HAVE those options if you go with a cyclone, take the last time i played for instance, it was around 40 degrees and we were forced to use draxxus field which as it turns out goes super brittle in 40 degrees, you have now screwed your entire day of play over because of your hopper choice

iv seen plenty jam, its not SUPER often but there is a reason they put that lever on the side, i wouldnt say its any more or any less than a standard budget force feeder though

Also resell value
well lets think about this for a second, you buy the cyclone for $60 and AT BEST aftermarket parts sell for around half their value, so that leaves you with an extra $30 from what you would get from just the marker, and then you have to buy a hopper again.....so all together lets say you pick up the invert halo too, which you should have done in the first place, you have now lost $30 off your first hopper and then spent $75 to get the too which means you have spent a total of $105 for the last 2 hoppers when you could have spent just the $75 and been fine in the first place

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.